Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

Make A Wish (read first post)

Comments

• greg2648greg2648 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,422
    Marker:
    If someone doesn't hit that list in a couple days revise your list to include more cigars. You don't have to take the first ones out but expand it to make it easier for the people that check this every day.
    In all honesty, I check this thread everyday looking to fulfill a wish. Only problem is that I don't have alot of the unusual stuff. My cigars are more common.
  • DirewolfDirewolf Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,493
    I check it too but can never fill a wish.
  • skweekzskweekz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,218
    Direwolf:
    +1. I'd love just once to fulfill someone's cigar wish
  • james40james40 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,450
    skweekz:
    Direwolf:
    Same here.
  • RampMonkeyRampMonkey Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,808
    james40:
    skweekz:
    Direwolf:
    Same here.
    +2 - I have to say that I'm in the same boat. Keep checking and would like to fulfill a wish or two. Someday.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    MVW67:
    skweekz:
    MVW67:
    MVW67:
    OH I Wish Upon a Star....
    Man takes alot to find something I want to try, that I haven't had or tried!!!! But I Have!!!

Like to try:
    Casa Fernandez Miami
    or
    Aging Room M356
    Want to see what the Hype is about!!! LOL
    Bump
    Bump it up
    I think this thread is dying a slow death!!!
    lol, this thread was effectively dead before the campaign to resurrect it. A good rule of thumb on the maw is to not go too obscure, I realize Casa Fernandez is not exactly obscure, but it is boutique enough to not be very common.
  • MVW67MVW67 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,447
    j0z3r:
    MVW67:
    skweekz:
    MVW67:
    MVW67:
    Man takes alot to find something I want to try, that I haven't had or tried!!!! But I Have!!!

Like to try:
    Casa Fernandez Miami
    or
    Aging Room M356
    Bump
    Bump it up
    I think this thread is dying a slow death!!!
    lol, this thread was effectively dead before the campaign to resurrect it. A good rule of thumb on the maw is to not go too obscure, I realize Casa Fernandez is not exactly obscure, but it is boutique enough to not be very common.
    Tried to make it easy and cheap for something I haven't had, I can see your point, tough thread to keep going.............
  • ToombesToombes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,451
    I'd like to make a wish to try one of everything in DD's humidor(s)... Too much...?
  • SleevePlzSleevePlz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,408
    MVW67:

Like to try:
    Casa Fernandez Miami
    or
    Aging Room M356
    I had the Aging Room M356 about a month ago and loved it. I had been meaning to order more when I noticed this thread. So I did and added the CF Miami to my order as well. So if you are still wanting to try them, I would be more than happy to grant your wish. This seems like a great thread idea and would love to see it revived once again. However, if the MAW just seems like it isn't going to work, I could just blow the porch off your house instead. Let me know. My order should be in Saturday and could get your package out to you no later than Monday.
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,909
    SleevePlz:
    MVW67:

Like to try:
    Casa Fernandez Miami
    or
    Aging Room M356
    I had the Aging Room M356 about a month ago and loved it. I had been meaning to order more when I noticed this thread. So I did and added the CF Miami to my order as well. So if you are still wanting to try them, I would be more than happy to grant your wish. This seems like a great thread idea and would love to see it revived once again. However, if the MAW just seems like it isn't going to work, I could just blow the porch off your house instead. Let me know. My order should be in Saturday and could get your package out to you no later than Monday.
    Awesome, Sleeve!!! Way to hook a brother up and keep a stellar thread going!
  • DirewolfDirewolf Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,493
    lol Ain't that some ***.. Try forever to fill a wish and can't. New guy comes along and is gonna knock two out ... WTG Teach.
    That would work, thought this was dead, thank you!! But to threaten to blow my porch up you poor soul!!!! LOL
    I thought that's how we play around here? I'm a quick learner. I will try to get the package out Saturday if I can get to the Post Office before they close. Worst case, Monday. Either way, I'll post the DC when it ships.
    Mike, I PM'ed you for your address.
    SleevePlz:
    Mike, I PM'ed you for your address.
    pm replied
    Alright Mike, your wish was sent out this morning and should be at your doorstep on Monday. DC# 0311 3260 0002 2901 4363
    My first wish is for this thread to not die again. Reading the last few pages, there seems to be a lot of support for this. So I would like to give my two cents. Based on recent history, wishing for high-end or HTF cigars will kill this thread. So just don’t do it. If you really wish to try an OpusX, God of Fire, Camacho PE, a Tat Monster, or whatever, attempt to work out a trade with the couple of people here that can actually grant your wish. Obviously, I would love to try some $30 sticks, but I also know that this is not the thread to make that happen. By all means, someone can start a new high-end MAW thread if there really is enough support for it. For now, lets try to keep this to the mid-range sticks so that most of the forum members may be able to participate in this thread. As a newbie, I found it hard to just start bombing random people. Having a thread like this made it much easier for someone like me to get involved with the sharing that makes this forum so wonderful. I sincerely hope I am not offending anyone here with this rant. If my wish goes ungranted, I will not be upset personally. I would have been more than happy to just randomly bomb Mike with the sticks I sent him without any reciprocation expected. It just seems a shame to have this thread fade away so needlessly. As per the original rules, I will make my actual cigar wish after Mike receives his package and acknowledges it here.
  • 90+ Irishman90+ Irishman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,868
    SleevePlz:
    My first wish is for this thread to not die again. Reading the last few pages, there seems to be a lot of support for this. So I would like to give my two cents. Based on recent history, wishing for high-end or HTF cigars will kill this thread. So just don’t do it. If you really wish to try an OpusX, God of Fire, Camacho PE, a Tat Monster, or whatever, attempt to work out a trade with the couple of people here that can actually grant your wish. Obviously, I would love to try some $30 sticks, but I also know that this is not the thread to make that happen. By all means, someone can start a new high-end MAW thread if there really is enough support for it. For now, lets try to keep this to the mid-range sticks so that most of the forum members may be able to participate in this thread. As a newbie, I found it hard to just start bombing random people. Having a thread like this made it much easier for someone like me to get involved with the sharing that makes this forum so wonderful. I sincerely hope I am not offending anyone here with this rant. If my wish goes ungranted, I will not be upset personally. I would have been more than happy to just randomly bomb Mike with the sticks I sent him without any reciprocation expected. It just seems a shame to have this thread fade away so needlessly. As per the original rules, I will make my actual cigar wish after Mike receives his package and acknowledges it here.
    Gotta say I am really impressed SleevePlz, if everyone is okay with it I would like to do my best to grant your wish. If you and the rest of the brotherhood are in agreement of this, shoot me a PM about what you are looking to try and I'll see what I can do to make it happen, and I've also got an OpusX for ya regardless for being such a stand-up guy. PM me and I'll try to get this going ;)
  • robbyrasrobbyras Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,487
    first off, I love SleevePlz's posts... well done

for what it's worth, I think people should wish for a range of things... Everytime I have ever played, I have wished for a Davidoff Maduro... I never got it, but I kept wishing... but in the same wishlist I inlcuded CAO OSA, Room 101 Connie, Alec Bradley Black Market, etc... I think people just need to be realistic... wish for "wishful" kind of stuff, but wish for regular stuff too... next time I fulfill a wish, you can bet the Davidoff Maduro will be on my wish list, but so will Diesel UHC... this is just my opinion...
    robbyras:

for what it's worth, I think people should wish for a range of things... Everytime I have ever played, I have wished for a Davidoff Maduro... I never got it, but I kept wishing... but in the same wishlist I inlcuded CAO OSA, Room 101 Connie, Alec Bradley Black Market, etc... I think people just need to be realistic... wish for "wishful" kind of stuff, but wish for regular stuff too... next time I fulfill a wish, you can bet the Davidoff Maduro will be on my wish list, but so will Diesel UHC... this is just my opinion...
    I agree with this Rob; wish for whatever you want ie. Davidoff Maddie, but make sure to include a WIDE range of things so people HAVE a choice... SleevePlz would love to try a few expensive smokes like the Opus. I have no problem including one or two in his MAW if I can full-fill the other parts of his wish, but I want to included several other ranges of sticks for him to try as well, hence I said I'd pick it up if everyone is ok with it and is good.
  • robbyrasrobbyras Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,487
    90+ Irishman:
    robbyras:

I agree with this Rob; wish for whatever you want ie. Davidoff Maddie, but make sure to include a WIDE range of things so people HAVE a choice... SleevePlz would love to try a few expensive smokes like the Opus. I have no problem including one or two in his MAW if I can full-fill the other parts of his wish, but I want to included several other ranges of sticks for him to try as well, hence I said I'd pick it up if everyone is ok with it and is good.
    Oh man! Sleeve is in good hands for sure...
    Well, I don't know what to say. For starters, thank you Irish! I will PM you my address. Honestly, whatever you would like to send would be awesome. My wishlist is so long at this point that anything you send would probably be on there. Thanks again and if it is alright with everyone else, please feel free to post your wish so we can keep this thing going.
    No problem Anthony I'll take care of ya and I have some stuff that will cut a few things from your wishlist anyways. I'll post my MAW after I send yours out tomorrow with a DC number out of fairness. Thanks guys.
    Wow! Anthony, Brett, you guys are top notch in my book. I'm loving the generosity shown in this thread. I have to agree that wishing for a varied ranges of sticks is the best option. Sure, I'd love to have a Lost City or a Gurkha HMR, but how many of us can pop $750 for single stick? I know I can't. I have no problem, whatsoever, with you guys starting off the new run of this thread. I've got a pretty good range now, so let's see who I can hook up down the road. All I can say, guys, is +10000000!!!
    Thanks Toombes that means a lot brother, but I haven't done anything special or different than any other brother on here has done several times over again and would have done anyways :)

Well Anthony here ya go brother, dug deep into the aging humi to set you up right brother.... took out over half your wish list and even some you merely mentioned.... DC# 9405 5036 9930 0458 3022 98
    Robby, I took a peek at your bio and I can set you up with a few of your "wants". PM me your info and I'll get them out to you.
    Crap! Just realized I jumped line again... Sorry, brothers. I got excited to see this moving again and couldn't help myself.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    90+ Irishman:
    robbyras:

I understand what you're saying here Brett, and I agree with the sentiment in general, but I do think we ought to keep our wishes here reasonable, in other words not wishing for the Davidoff Maduros and OpusX cigars. It's great to want to try those cigars, but the intention of this game was to try more common and affordable cigars...as per the original rules, can you imagine sending out 3 Davidoff Maduros? I sure can't, but I can stomach sending out 3 Fuent Hemingways, or 3 DPG JJ.

Again, I agree with the spirit of your post, but I really think the original model kuzi put in place is ideal for this type of game. Just my two cents, not trying to nitpick your specific post, it just served as the best one for me to make a counterpoint.
    Joe, I understand where you are coming from and what you are saying and can agree with that whole heartedly brother! It started as a way to try out some new sticks that you haven't been able to try yet and that's is certainly what it should go back to, thank you and thanks again for your generosity and wisdom Joe it really is appreciated :)
    Well I'm happy to wait to post up a list until Anthony receives and posts up what I sent him, just let me know brothers.