Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

Make A Wish (read first post)

Comments

• lcpleellcpleel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,447
    Hey Fvcker make a wish
    I SEE YOU! MAW! I have some nicely aged B&M's for you.
  • The KidThe Kid Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,842
    lcpleel:
    Hey Fvcker make a wish
    WTH??? lol
  • wwhwangwwhwang Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,863
    It's been over a month and Todd still hasn't made a wish. Rhamlin said he sent Todd a PM on the 19th. Maybe make the deadline on the 26th (a week after the PM) to get this game moving again? This has happened one or two times before where one guy grants a wish, then disappears for months. Maybe on the 26th, Irish can host a contest and give the wish to someone else?
  • skweekzskweekz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,218
    Bump. Does anyone have a way to shoot him a text or quick call? Hate to see this still sitting stagnant.
    skweekz:
    Bump. Does anyone have a way to shoot him a text or quick call? Hate to see this still sitting stagnant.
    It had a good run. Lol
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    this thread has deviated from its original intent.

as i scroll back through it, i see that the rules have been broken quite often.
    the first rule was this:
    First: don’t wish for OpusX, La Aurora Preferidos, or other very high end cigars. We aren’t trying to break the other guy’s bank. We are just trying to try some new cigars here. Use some judgment, and if there is a question on if the cigar is too “high end” the forum at large will decide.

i see a TON on these types of cigars being wished for. this makes the game run slower than expected because not many people want to give them up. this rule was put in place to keep the wishes for new releases or regular run cigars that you have yet to try. this thread was never intended for people to scratch things off of their bucket list. it was never intended for people to add to their collection of rare cigars.

the second rule was this:
    no Cubans. Not only is this an illegal thing that you shouldn’t be flaunting (who knows who is watching the board) but they are also hard to come by and sometimes very expensive.

ive seen this happen as well. though the forum at large usually calls out the offender and it fixes itself.

Third rule:
    The granter must send At least three of the cigars on the list. more is always welcomed but more is never expected. if you chose to send cigars that are not on the list, please only send cigars that you feel the person will like.

this rule was put there so that someone could give a cigar a fair shake.
    we have all (myself included) gone to posting a list and hope that we get one of each of these.

the average wish has a few LEs on a list that takes a few weeks to grant.

i feel that WE NOW HAVE A THREAD THAT FILLS THIS GOAL and quite frankly, does a better job at it with less restrictions that moves faster.
    so then, whats the point of having this thread? i feel that this thread has worn out its usefulness.

if there are no objections, i think we should just let this die a peaceful death.
    that is unless somebody has a good argument against this "solution"
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,909
    I hear ya on the HTF/expensive wishes, they are a drag and eliminate most of the members of the forum from playing. If you want the thread to die that's your call. One cool thing about this thread is that it forces a reciprocating package. I've granted some wishes on the other thread but it seems like it's set up more like 'smart bombing' people with sticks they definitely want.
  • Russ55Russ55 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,762
    The thing I liked about this thread was that you had to pay to play, sort of. The thing I hated about it, was that it turned into super high end sticks. There's a lot of lower end sticks I'd like to try, and I hate posting in that other thread. It feels too much like begging. I might be alone in that sentiment though. That's not really an argument for or against anything, just my thoughts.
  • zeebrazeebra Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,166
    Maybe put a max limit of like $10 on the stick that is being wished for to help with the super premiums?

Agree with Russ about the other thread 100%. On top of that, the other thread is the same idea but anyone can wish at any time, some times a few times a week. I believe thats what the bio can be used for or in a profile. Alot of smokes that are being requested can be purchased at many local shops and I feel like I am just wasting my $ shipping multiple packages. Just my 2 cents.

Matt, this is a great thread and every cigar forum has one, so I would say not to let it die. I'm sure Todd will be in here soon to post as he knows its his turn.
    he knows it is his turn. we have been PMing.
    i would just like to see it back to its original intent or closed. what it is now is not a good incarnation of it.
  • AJGARLETTAJGARLETT Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 648
    So if you and Todd have been PM'ing, I assume he's waiting on the outcome of the "close it or change it back to its original intent" banter thats happening right now. Todd should come in here and lay down a nice request based on the original rules of the game....that way he sets the tone for the re-launch of this thread. There's no reason to kill it, lets just get it going again!!
    AJGARLETT:
    So if you and Todd have been PM'ing, I assume he's waiting on the outcome of the "close it or change it back to its original intent" banter thats happening right now. Todd should come in here and lay down a nice request based on the original rules of the game....that way he sets the tone for the re-launch of this thread. There's no reason to kill it, lets just get it going again!!
    sweet. much like the forum at large, we need to moderate this ourselves. anyone gets crazy about it, we need to point out the rules.
  • AJGARLETTAJGARLETT Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 648
    kuzi16:
    AJGARLETT:
    sweet. much like the forum at large, we need to moderate this ourselves. anyone gets crazy about it, we need to point out the rules.

I concur Kuzi, and I'll add that I consider myself to be an offender as a couple of the smokes I wished for were certainly HTF's. I think as the palate's, budgets and collections of the Members here evolve, their wishes become more and more elaborate and stray away from what are considered to be "basic" smokes. When it comes down to it, there exists a plethora of low-dollar (non Opus) type smokes out there that are certainly worthy of a wish-list. I will do my part in policing this thread and I'm sure they other members will as well. So Todd, whats your wish man?!
    AJGARLETT:
    So Todd, whats your wish man?!
    For some reason Todd has decided to pass his wish on to me. I'm not sure why I was chosen or deserve this honor but through some pm's he has made this point clear to me. So, without further delay, let's get this game rolling again...

I make a wish for some: Casa Magna Colorado or San Lotano Oval.

I've heard and read great things about these cigars and haven't had the opportunity to try either of them. I think the the Casa Magna Oscuro and San Lotana Habano are both awesome and would love to try these blends.

I hope these are okay wishes and not too expensive. I put two options out there just to cover more ground amongst brothers so this game can hopefully pick back up that much faster. Thank you very much Todd for passing your turn on to me and thank you Kuzi for keeping a truly great thread alive.
  • MVW67MVW67 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,447
    bigharpoon:
    AJGARLETT:
    For some reason Todd has decided to pass his wish on to me. I'm not sure why I was chosen or deserve this honor but through some pm's he has made this point clear to me. So, without further delay, let's get this game rolling again...

I've heard and read great things about these cigars and haven't had the opportunity to try either of them. I think the the Casa Magna Oscuro and San Lotana Habano are both awesome and would love to try these blends.

I hope these are okay wishes and not too expensive. I put two options out there just to cover more ground amongst brothers so this game can hopefully pick back up that much faster. Thank you very much Todd for passing your turn on to me and thank you Kuzi for keeping a truly great thread alive.
    Big I can make your wish happen! Either one of them or both of them, Let me know and PM addy so I can ship in morning!!!
    AJGARLETT:
    kuzi16:
    AJGARLETT:

I concur Kuzi, and I'll add that I consider myself to be an offender as a couple of the smokes I wished for were certainly HTF's. I think as the palate's, budgets and collections of the Members here evolve, their wishes become more and more elaborate and stray away from what are considered to be "basic" smokes. When it comes down to it, there exists a plethora of low-dollar (non Opus) type smokes out there that are certainly worthy of a wish-list. I will do my part in policing this thread and I'm sure they other members will as well. So Todd, whats your wish man?!
    Opus is not really considered a high $ smoke compared to others. Just saying.
    MVW67:
    bigharpoon:
    AJGARLETT:

Big I can make your wish happen! Either one of them or both of them, Let me know and PM addy so I can ship in morning!!!
    Sweet!!! You have an incoming pm.
    Will send in am when you receive, I will make a wish!!!
    Wish is on the way!!! DC 0311 0240 0002 0364 4420 Enjoy!!!!!
    Looking forward to it! I'll let everyone know when it lands.
    Out for delivery, Woo-hoo!!!
    ...and it arrived!!! The cigars look absolutely incredible. I'd post a picture but I'm about 30 minutes away from being off-line until next Monday. Mike sent me three different vitolas of the Casa Magna Colorado as well as a couple different Ovals. I've been looking forward to trying these cigars for a looooong time. I'm psyched.

Thank you so much for granting my wish Mike. Now it's your turn. Game on, make a wish bro.
    bigharpoon:
    ...and it arrived!!! The cigars look absolutely incredible. I'd post a picture but I'm about 30 minutes away from being off-line until next Monday. Mike sent me three different vitolas of the Casa Magna Colorado as well as a couple different Ovals. I've been looking forward to trying these cigars for a looooong time. I'm psyched.

Thank you so much for granting my wish Mike. Now it's your turn. Game on, make a wish bro.
    Glad you got them, enjoy Big, I have the Casa Magna always on hand!!!!
    OH I Wish Upon a Star....
    Man takes alot to find something I want to try, that I haven't had or tried!!!! But I Have!!!

Like to try:
    Casa Fernandez Miami
    or
    Aging Room M356
    Want to see what the Hype is about!!! LOL
    MVW67:
    Man takes alot to find something I want to try, that I haven't had or tried!!!! But I Have!!!

Like to try:
    Casa Fernandez Miami
    or
    Aging Room M356
    Bump
  • skweekzskweekz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,218
    MVW67:
    MVW67:

Like to try:
    Casa Fernandez Miami
    or
    Aging Room M356
    Bump
    Bump it up
    skweekz:
    MVW67:
    MVW67:

Like to try:
    Casa Fernandez Miami
    or
    Aging Room M356
    Bump
    Bump it up
    I think this thread is dying a slow death!!!
  • wwhwangwwhwang Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,863
    MVW67:
    skweekz:
    MVW67:
    MVW67:

Like to try:
    Casa Fernandez Miami
    or
    Aging Room M356
    Bump
    Bump it up
    I think this thread is dying a slow death!!!
    Try wishing for something else. I doubt most people have any of those. I know I haven't even heard of those cigars before.
  • MarkerMarker Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,524
    If someone doesn't hit that list in a couple days revise your list to include more cigars. You don't have to take the first ones out but expand it to make it easier for the people that check this every day.