Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

A Call To Arms *** CMH AWARDED ON PAGE 11 ***

Comments

• 90+ Irishman90+ Irishman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,868
    BigT06:
    The Sniper:
    ATTEN-HUT!!

Gentlemen, it is my extreme pleasure to stand before you today and announce that Congress has seen fit to recognie the outstanding sacrifice and achievement of one of this mission's volunteers by awarding him the CMH (not CONGRESSIONAL silly! The CIGAR Medal of Honor!).

Stay tuned... :-D

When is this announcement gonna be made? I would like to "recognize" this awesome BORK in my own kinda way, so I (we) need to know who it is!
    +1, but honestly there are a TON of truly deserving brothers... would NOT want the job of deciding which one, I couldn't do it personally.
  • The SniperThe Sniper Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,910
    BigT06:
    The Sniper:
    ATTEN-HUT!!

Gentlemen, it is my extreme pleasure to stand before you today and announce that Congress has seen fit to recognie the outstanding sacrifice and achievement of one of this mission's volunteers by awarding him the CMH (not CONGRESSIONAL silly! The CIGAR Medal of Honor!).

Stay tuned... :-D

When is this announcement gonna be made? I would like to "recognize" this awesome BORK in my own kinda way, so I (we) need to know who it is!
    Its going out today, so look for the citation to be posted on this thread probably mid-week.

So I heard from kuzi last week...

... sent me a VERY nice thank you for the Call To Arms thread. That is one of my beloved Padilla 1932's, a JdN Antano and a delicious looking LFD Air Bender. Absolutely NO thanks was needed kuz, and the entire forum who loves you pulled off A Call To Arms, not me.

Im gonna smoke em just the same! :-) Thanks my friend.

BTW, this is NOT the Cigar Medal of Honor I mentioned last week.

That (FINALLY) went out today. ;-)

• jj20030jj20030 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,448
    The Sniper:
    So I heard from kuzi last week...

... sent me a VERY nice thank you for the Call To Arms thread. That is one of my beloved Padilla 1932's, a JdN Antano and a delicious looking LFD Air Bender. Absolutely NO thanks was needed kuz, and the entire forum who loves you pulled off A Call To Arms, not me.

Im gonna smoke em just the same! :-) Thanks my friend.

BTW, this is NOT the Cigar Medal of Honor I mentioned last week.

That (FINALLY) went out today. ;-)

hit the trifecta, nice!
    Gentlemen - not sure what has happened. The CMH winner should have received his "award" sometime this past week, yet I have heard nor seen any evidence of this. Going to try to establish his whereabouts this weekend, but if I cant track him down O will post the citation that was supposed to accompany the award.

That is all.

• AJGARLETTAJGARLETT Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 648
    I assumed the citation was the bomb you hit Jlmarta with, thats obviously not correct now
  • jr_p951jr_p951 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,121
    Did I miss it? I have been waiting for this!! Was it in an e-mail or PM's?
  • denniskingdennisking Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,681
    The Sniper:
    Gentlemen - not sure what has happened. The CMH winner should have received his "award" sometime this past week, yet I have heard nor seen any evidence of this. Going to try to establish his whereabouts this weekend, but if I cant track him down O will post the citation that was supposed to accompany the award.

That is all.

you may want to double check the address. I had a botl send sticks to an old address once. It does happen. Hopefully, for the sake of the lucky botl and you, this gets to its intended target
    AJGARLETT:
    I assumed the citation was the bomb you hit Jlmarta with, thats obviously not correct now
    No sir. Jlmarta was completely unrelated. This is still open and ticking... if I havent heard anything from the recipient by Wed of the coming week, I will post the citation and he can post the pics when he catches up.

ATTENTION TO ORDERS!

The inaugural award of the Cigar Medal of Honor is presented to LAKOTA72. Please rise for the reading of the citation to accompany the Medal of Honor.

*KLINKNER, DANIEL. Rank and organization: BOTL First Class, Cigar.com Forums. Place and date: 7 September 2011 1993, Cigar.com Forums, World Wide Web. Entered service on: 5 May 2011

Citation: BOTL First Class Lakota72, Cigar.com forums, distinguished himself by actions above and beyond the call of duty on 7 September 2011, while volunteering for the top-secret "A Call To Arms" mission in the Trades, Bombs and Passes thread. When presented the requirements of the collection to honor the 10,000th post of kuzi16, which read...

"What I want to do is collect SUPER PREMIUM sticks from the people who want to say thanks to kuz for all he has done for us and this community. Im looking for sticks that fall into the "high end" category, ones that make you OOH and AHH when you think about them. High-end sticks, rare sticks, ISOM's, sticks that are no longer in production, hard-to find cigars...",

...Lakota 72 unhesitatingly volunteered his ONLY Opus X, even though he had not himself smoked an Opus X. Upon realizing that he was at the time physically separated from his volunteered stick, Lakota72 exercised uncommon ingenuity by enlisting the aid of the indiginous native population at the munition's location (his wife) in order to deliver this critical munition on time and on target, ensuring mission success. Lakota72 actions during this important mission showed outstanding dedication to his fellow BOTL at the expense of and with willful disregard to his own cigar collection.

BOTL First Class Lakota72's extraordinary generosity and devotion to duty were in keeping with the highest standards of The Brotherhood Of The Leaf and reflect great credit upon himself, his humidor and the Cigar.com Forums.

• The KidThe Kid Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,842
    Give That Man A Ceegar!!! Congratulations!!!!!!!!
  • 90+ Irishman90+ Irishman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,868
    Lt. Dan is GREAT people and a wonderful brother... couldn't have gone to a better man!! CONGRATS!!
  • beatnicbeatnic Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,133
    A worthy recipient. Congrats Lakota
  • jj20030jj20030 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,448
    Finally got the edits done and the citation is complete.

Every single BOTL who contributed to the A Call To Arms thread really went above and beyond, but Lakota72's contribution was a clear cut case of "All Gave Some, Some Gave All". To contribute your one and only Opus X, having never smoked one yourself? I consider myself generous almost to a fault, and I dont think I could have done it. Lt Dan flat blew me away with his generosity.

NOTE - kuzi, before you go doing something silly, I already sent Lakota72 an award to go with the citation. I expect it could be filed under the heading of "All the dirty things you do, you know they all come back to you..." :-) Unfortunately, Lakota's duties to the defense of our nation preclude him from accepting the award and the citation personally. But it will be waiting on him when he gets home. :-)

The Kid:
    Give That Man A Ceegar!!!
    I did.

He's awesome.

I KEEEEEEL HIM!!! :-D

• RCY CigarsRCY Cigars Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,346
    The Sniper:
    The Kid:
    Give That Man A Ceegar!!!
    I did.

He's awesome.

I KEEEEEEL HIM!!! :-D

Awesome, point blank. Congrats LT, I mean Lakota72......

• AJGARLETTAJGARLETT Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 648
    well deserved indeed. Lakota is THE man!!
  • james40james40 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,450
    Like others here, Dan leads by example. Dan is good people. I noticed he hasn't been around lately. I hope things are okay with him and his family. Well done Sniper, Dan, and all participants.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    damn dude. thats crazy.

• Lakota72Lakota72 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,267
    The Sniper:
    ATTENTION TO ORDERS!

The inaugural award of the Cigar Medal of Honor is presented to LAKOTA72. Please rise for the reading of the citation to accompany the Medal of Honor.

*KLINKNER, DANIEL. Rank and organization: BOTL First Class, Cigar.com Forums. Place and date: 7 September 2011 1993, Cigar.com Forums, World Wide Web. Entered service on: 5 May 2011

Citation: BOTL First Class Lakota72, Cigar.com forums, distinguished himself by actions above and beyond the call of duty on 7 September 2011, while volunteering for the top-secret "A Call To Arms" mission in the Trades, Bombs and Passes thread. When presented the requirements of the collection to honor the 10,000th post of kuzi16, which read...

"What I want to do is collect SUPER PREMIUM sticks from the people who want to say thanks to kuz for all he has done for us and this community. Im looking for sticks that fall into the "high end" category, ones that make you OOH and AHH when you think about them. High-end sticks, rare sticks, ISOM's, sticks that are no longer in production, hard-to find cigars...",

...Lakota 72 unhesitatingly volunteered his ONLY Opus X, even though he had not himself smoked an Opus X. Upon realizing that he was at the time physically separated from his volunteered stick, Lakota72 exercised uncommon ingenuity by enlisting the aid of the indiginous native population at the munition's location (his wife) in order to deliver this critical munition on time and on target, ensuring mission success. Lakota72 actions during this important mission showed outstanding dedication to his fellow BOTL at the expense of and with willful disregard to his own cigar collection.

BOTL First Class Lakota72's extraordinary generosity and devotion to duty were in keeping with the highest standards of The Brotherhood Of The Leaf and reflect great credit upon himself, his humidor and the Cigar.com Forums.

ALCON

Thank you so much. I have been pretty predisposed as of late. I received the package on Saturday. I have every intentions of taking a picture tonight or tomorrow and getting it up ASAP. You guys are all such a great group here and I can't really express what it means to have your friendship and support. You are all deserving of such an award.

It really speaks volumes when there are individuals amongst us who notice when someone is either down on their or is going through a rough spot in their life and will step up and volunteer their stash to help another BOTL out. I have learned from the very best in this group and can only hope to continue to uphold the values of a BOTL.

Once again thank you very much. Now get your asses back to work.
  • gmill880gmill880 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,947
    Congratulations to Lakota 72 ... you da mannnnnn !!!!!!
  • BigT06BigT06 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,899
    Very cool. Extremely generous. This is an awesome place to hang out.
  • laker1963laker1963 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,046
    After reading this story and from what I know of Dan... I was not surprised at all. He also got the ball rolling on the cabinet for RCY cigars a little while back remember?

A very deserving BOTL.CONGRATULATIONS, and thanks for hanging out with us Dan. LOL.
    laker1963:
    After reading this story and from what I know of Dan... I was not surprised at all. He also got the ball rolling on the cabinet for RCY cigars a little while back remember?

A very deserving BOTL.CONGRATULATIONS, and thanks for hanging out with us Dan. LOL.
    True! And another example of the high caliber of BOTL our CMH winner is.

Lakota72:
    Once again thank you very much. Now get your asses back to work.
    Looks like everyone's favorite LT is ready to pin on captain's bars! LOL GOING SIR!!! :-)

• dopeyferreedopeyferree Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 274
    Congrats Dan. LT Dan is one of the best. His willingness is what helped me get into this great life. He hooked me up with several sticks and was influential in helping me figure out what sticks I like. I owe my involvement in this to him and RCY. Thanks
    Alright everyone, as promised the pictures are here. I can't believe you sent these to me Glen. You are absolutely awesome. If I get a decent day of weather, I will light one up this weekend. I truly don't/didn't deserve this.

• kaspera79kaspera79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,144
    Put one aside to age, there is no excuse not to now.
    You aren't kidding. It is really hard not to open the humi and just stare at them. Glen you totally surprised me.