Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

1st Annual RobbyRasReaping! ?Prizes Sent?

robbyrasrobbyras Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,487
OK, I am gonna preface this whole thing by saying I am a complete dork...

In the spirit of the Hunger Games, RobbyRasReviews is hosting the 1st Annual RobbyRasReaping! The main difference is you WANT you name called this time!

Here's how it works:
- This is a contest held EXCLUSIVELY for Ccom forum members!
- Anyone here on the forums can enter

To enter the contest, all you have to do is leave a comment on any of the posts at RobbyRasReviews.com. It has to be a comment that is relevant to the content of the post though. Don't just go on there and say "hi!" Comment about the stick that was reviewed, tell me your experience, etc.

Here's where it gets interesting. For each comment you leave, your name is put into a big glass bowl. All comments will be taken into account. So if you've been a loyal follower and have made comments in the past, they all count. If you follow me on twitter you get your name put in 3 times. If you like me on Facebook, you get your name put in 3 times. If you come out to CigarChat, you get your name put in 5 times. There are 3 CigarChat dates that will count (Thursday May 10th, 17th with Nomad Cigars and 24th with Sosa Cigars).

The contest runs through Sunday May 27th. On Monday may 28th I will post a video of my lovely wife pulling the name from the bowl. The winner will receive at LEAST 15 sticks and some additional swag as well. Some of the potential swag items include: Hats, cutters, lighters, stickers, etc.

To make this easier on me, try to use your Ccom forum name when you leave posts. If you've posted in the past under a different screename, just let me know and please stay consistent with that name.

A few rules:
- For the Twitter and Facebook stuff, PM me your name that you followed or liked me under so I can kepe it all straight.
- Leave relevant comments. If I deem the comment silly or inappropriate, I'll just delete it.
- you can leave more than one comment per post if you are replying to another post. Again, keep it relevant.
- I will be updating the site pretty regularly moving forward so keep an eye out for new posts to comment on. When I post a new review, I update my thread on the Ratings & Reviews board here RobbyRasReviews Thread
- If you come out to CigarChat, make sure to let me know during the chat and remind me afterwards with a PM.

Good Luck and may the odds ever be in your favor!

Comments

• Ken LightKen Light Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,524
    Robby, great idea for a contest! I will only participate if I can name someone else for you to hit with the prize, seeing as how I'm still bleeding from the last hit you sent.
  • robbyrasrobbyras Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,487
    Ken Light:
    Robby, great idea for a contest! I will only participate if I can name someone else for you to hit with the prize, seeing as how I'm still bleeding from the last hit you sent.
    As long as the wound doesn't start to smell like almonds, you're ok... and the winner can do whatever he or she wants with the winnings... E won a contest during CigarChat and had his winnings go to the DCCC (which i still need to do)... so yeah, as the boys at Digital Underground put it "Do Whatcha Like"
  • mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,358
    Awesome idea and extremely generous, gonna look you up on fb now!---You are officially "liked"!
  • The SniperThe Sniper Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,910
    The RobbyRas comes up with the coolest ideas... because The RobbyRas IS COOL ITSELF!!! Best of luck to all who enter, and may the odds be always in your favor. :-)

• jgibvjgibv Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,996
    The Sniper:
    The RobbyRas comes up with the coolest ideas... because The RobbyRas IS COOL ITSELF!!! Best of luck to all who enter, and may the odds be always in your favor. :-)

+1 to all of this
    mmccartneydc:
    Awesome idea and extremely generous, gonna look you up on fb now!---You are officially "liked"!
    Thanks Matt! You're in the big bowl!
    The Sniper:

I thought it would be kind fun... so hopefully it is... i hope to see a few comments from THE Sniper... as Ken pointed out, you don;'t have to keep the winnings, you can send them on to someone else if you want...
  • denniskingdennisking Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,681
    Looks like I get 6 to start with from twitter and facebook. I volunteer as tribute (three finger salute). I will comment more once the laptop is running again since cigar sites are blocked at work.
    robbyras:
    The Sniper:

I thought it would be kind fun... so hopefully it is... i hope to see a few comments from THE Sniper... as Ken pointed out, you don;'t have to keep the winnings, you can send them on to someone else if you want...
    Well, I will go check out the site (do I need to sign up there to leave comments?) and I can do the Twitter thing, but thats as far as I can go. Im a bit of a social network leper you see, because 1) Im really not interesting enough for anyone to give a crap what I say, think or do and 2) nobody really needs to be THAT deep into my business.

That being said, I guess Im gonna enter this contest just so I can SMELL-LL-LL-LL-LL-LL-LL-LL-OWWW!

What The RobbyRas

is

smokin! :-D

The Sniper:
    The RobbyRas comes up with the coolest ideas... because The RobbyRas IS COOL ITSELF!!! Best of luck to all who enter, and may the odds be always in MY favor. :-)

Since Im entering, fixed it! LOL

And BTW, if I win I dont want the sticks - I want your awesome ashtray!!!

The Sniper:
    Ant BTW, if I win I dont want the sticks - I want your awesome ashtray!!!

oh man... yeah, he's not included in this or any contest... who would be in the background of all my pics?
    robbyras:
    The Sniper:
    Ant BTW, if I win I dont want the sticks - I want your awesome ashtray!!!

oh man... yeah, he's not included in this or any contest... who would be in the background of all my pics?
    Why your new ashtray of course... whatever that may be...

ASHTRAY!
    ASHTRAY!
    ASHTRAY!
    ASHTRAY!

10 posts later, The Sniper is in it to win it...
  • BombayBombay Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,207
    Sweet idea! I love that I am already entered like 8 times. HA!
    This contest is RIGGED - some of my comments at RobbyRasReviews didnt post! I CRY FOUL!!!!

Seriously though, this thread finally got me around to checking the site out, and it ROCKS! Great job The RobbyRas. Now give me the damned ashtray already! LOL

The Sniper:
    This contest is RIGGED - some of my comments at RobbyRasReviews didnt post! I CRY FOUL!!!!

Seriously though, this thread finally got me around to checking the site out, and it ROCKS! Great job The RobbyRas. Now give me the damned ashtray already! LOL

did they really not show? I have a spam blocker so they may have gotten caught up... lemme look
    Bombay:
    Sweet idea! I love that I am already entered like 8 times. HA!
    hell yes you do... you're what the kids call "OG"
    robbyras:
    The Sniper:

did they really not show? I have a spam blocker so they may have gotten caught up... lemme look
    yep... it looks like after 10 comments in less than 2 hours they go to spam... didn't know my blocker was so high tech...
    robbyras:
    robbyras:
    The Sniper:

yep... it looks like after 10 comments in less than 2 hours they go to spam... didn't know my blocker was so high tech...
    You got a tweet too homey!

The Sniper:
    robbyras:
    robbyras:
    The Sniper:

You got a tweet too homey!

you sent me a tweet? don't think I got it... i have 2 accounts... but I never use or check the @RobbyRas account
  • BombayBombay Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,207
    @Sniper, your comments are not showing because I am trailing you and removing your posts, so yes it is rigged now move it along, nothing to see here! LOL!
  • taythegibstaythegibs Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,024
    Awesome contest, you can count me in! I guess its just yet another reason for me to tune in on thursdays, and I just "Liked" you on Facebook!
  • ImgemboImgembo Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 657
    Ya great contest man. I already check your site out once and a while but i can actuly start participating in the cigar chat as i will be out of class soon. Woot!
    man, I'm glad I started this promo... it caused me to go back and look at some older reviews and they got all kinds of jacked up when I changed formats... cleaning that up now!
    Bombay:
    @Sniper, your comments are not showing because I am trailing you and removing your posts, so yes it is rigged now move it along, nothing to see here! LOL!
    LMAO!!! Found the glitch The RobbyRas! :-D

robbyras:
    you sent me a tweet? don't think I got it... i have 2 accounts... but I never use or check the @RobbyRas account
    Got the right one now!

• skweekzskweekz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,218
    Awesome idea! I've been Facebook stalking you for a while now. I'll have to leave some comments on your site as well.
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,739
    The Sniper:
    That being said, I guess Im gonna enter this contest just so I can SMELL-LL-LL-LL-LL-LL-LL-LL-OWWW!

What The RobbyRas

is

smokin! :-D

lol....... Old Skool ROCK?
  • aeon_spiral@yahoo.comaeon_spiral@yahoo.com Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,101
    robbyras:
    OK, I am gonna preface this whole thing by saying I am a complete dork...

In the spirit of the Hunger Games, RobbyRasReviews is hosting the 1st Annual RobbyRasReaping! The main difference is you WANT you name called this time!

Here's how it works:
    - This is a contest held EXCLUSIVELY for Ccom forum members!
    - Anyone here on the forums can enter

To enter the contest, all you have to do is leave a comment on any of the posts at RobbyRasReviews.com. It has to be a comment that is relevant to the content of the post though. Don't just go on there and say "hi!" Comment about the stick that was reviewed, tell me your experience, etc.

Here's where it gets interesting. For each comment you leave, your name is put into a big glass bowl. All comments will be taken into account. So if you've been a loyal follower and have made comments in the past, they all count. If you follow me on twitter you get your name put in 3 times. If you like me on Facebook, you get your name put in 3 times. If you come out to CigarChat, you get your name put in 5 times. There are 3 CigarChat dates that will count (Thursday May 10th, 17th with Nomad Cigars and 24th with Sosa Cigars).

The contest runs through Sunday May 27th. On Monday may 28th I will post a video of my lovely wife pulling the name from the bowl. The winner will receive at LEAST 15 sticks and some additional swag as well. Some of the potential swag items include: Hats, cutters, lighters, stickers, etc.

To make this easier on me, try to use your Ccom forum name when you leave posts. If you've posted in the past under a different screename, just let me know and please stay consistent with that name.

A few rules:
    - For the Twitter and Facebook stuff, PM me your name that you followed or liked me under so I can kepe it all straight.
    - Leave relevant comments. If I deem the comment silly or inappropriate, I'll just delete it.
    - you can leave more than one comment per post if you are replying to another post. Again, keep it relevant.
    - I will be updating the site pretty regularly moving forward so keep an eye out for new posts to comment on. When I post a new review, I update my thread on the Ratings & Reviews board here RobbyRasReviews Thread
    - If you come out to CigarChat, make sure to let me know during the chat and remind me afterwards with a PM.

Good Luck and may the odds ever be in your favor!
    Do we need to telll you it was us in the comments on ur site or?