Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

1st Annual RobbyRasReaping! ?Prizes Sent?

Comments

• robbyrasrobbyras Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,487
    The Sniper:
    robbyras:
    Catfishbuzz is crushing it! I challenge anyone to find a post he has not commented on...
    Mebbe I need to go back and load up on "I havent tried this stick. Great review!" posts. LOL

HA! That's not what The Cat is doin... it's clear that he has read all the reviews he's posted on... I need to go in and reply to many of his questions...
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,993
    The Sniper:
    robbyras:
    Catfishbuzz is crushing it! I challenge anyone to find a post he has not commented on...
    Mebbe I need to go back and load up on "I havent tried this stick. Great review!" posts. LOL

On the AF1??? Hell yeah Sniper... I keep hearing about it and was just drooling over Justin's pic in here of one, then i read the review....and it's on.
  • The SniperThe Sniper Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,910
    robbyras:
    The Sniper:
    robbyras:

HA! That's not what The Cat is doin... it's clear that he has read all the reviews he's posted on... I need to go in and reply to many of his questions...
    I know better than that out of Cat or any other member of this forum, was just goofing around. Honestly, I hope anybody BUT me wins the contest. The contest was just a much needed kick in the pants to get over to your site and hook up the twitter and support The RobbyRas, before The RobbyRas layeth tha smacketh down on my rooty-poo a$$!

The Sniper:
    robbyras:
    The Sniper:
    robbyras:

I know better than that out of Cat or any other member of this forum, was just goofing around. Honestly, I hope anybody BUT me wins the contest. The contest was just a much needed kick in the pants to get over to your site and hook up the twitter and support The RobbyRas, before The RobbyRas layeth tha smacketh down on my rooty-poo a$$!

Exactly....his site is very intersting in comparison to other review sites I've seen. The webpage design and user interface makes you want to click on different cigars and read reviews...not like other blogs you have to dig through to find info. Robby and I talked about banter, questions, etc.., and it would be nice to see as much as possible on there.
    Thanks for the feedback guys and I truly appreciate the support... I've added a new contributor to the site and hope to add a few more to keep the content fresh... did you get a chance to read his review of the Kristoff Sumatra? let me know what you think...
    tons of comments... thanks guys! keep it up!

I just posted a new review - The Fugitive by Nomad Cigars. Join CigarChat today at 4PM PST to chat with Nomad Cigar Co. owner, Fred Rewey!

Click on the image below to read the review. Don't worry, it will open in a new window! Nomad Fugitive

This is going to the grand prize winner of this little contest... just a small part of the package!

IMG_20120518_082958.
    IMG_20120518_083030.
    Just want to keep this where folks can see it... thanks to aeon_spiral, Bombay, Sniper, Catfish, Taythegibs and others who are playing along... the bowl is getting filled up nicely!

FYI, there is a new review posted by Leo_Botl... he gives his thoughts on the Perdomo Lot 23 Punta Gorda Maduro, so check it out and post your feedback!
  • mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,358
    Sweet hat! I could definitely handle that!
  • mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,358
    The Sniper:
    robbyras:
    The Sniper:
    robbyras:

You say that now, but you're gonna $hit when he decides to throw in the ashtray! LOL
    Just a reminder that the contest runs through Sunday night... winners will be drawn on Monday!

Some of you guys already noticed, but there is a new review up... Perdomo Lot 23 Maduro reviewed by Chris (Leo_BOTL)

Click on the image below to read the review. Don't worry, it will open in a new window! Nomad Fugitive

• taythegibstaythegibs Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,024
    I have so much going on that i nearly had a breakdown when i realized i wont be able to attend yet another thursday chat :-( they have me scheduled for work all day thursday... It is really cool to be able to learn about different leople who have an effect on this great lifestyle without us ever really knowing it.
    New review posted yesterday of the Sosa Super Selection... check it out and post your thoughts...

Click on the image below to read the review. Don't worry, it will open in a new window! Sosa Super Selection

This cigar sounds soooooooooo tasty...... Sosa works with Fuente...so you know it has to be good and knowing Robby's reviewing skills, it's on the list now lol
    Ugh, Sosa... my only exposure to the brand at all came when I visited Miami and went into their shop a few months back. Only one guy working in the store, and he honestly couldnt have given less of a sh!t whether I was there or not. Honestly the worst experience Ive ever had in a B&M, hands down.

Maybe I got a little spoiled that week, because EVERY other shop I went to, especially in Calle Ocho, was awesome - the shopkeepers, the sales people, the rollers, EVERYBODY was so amazingly cool. Really made you feel like you were a long lost relative or best friend who had come back from being away for a long time.

Sosa? It was like I was gum on the guy's shoe. I picked up a couple of their sticks because I made it a point to get at least one of each of the house blends of the places I visited, but every time I see that stick in the humidor I remember that experience and reach for ANYTHING else.

Rant off, we now return you to your regularly scheduled thread. :-D

The Sniper:
    Ugh, Sosa... my only exposure to the brand at all came when I visited Miami and went into their shop a few months back. Only one guy working in the store, and he honestly couldnt have given less of a sh!t whether I was there or not. Honestly the worst experience Ive ever had in a B&M, hands down.

Maybe I got a little spoiled that week, because EVERY other shop I went to, especially in Calle Ocho, was awesome - the shopkeepers, the sales people, the rollers, EVERYBODY was so amazingly cool. Really made you feel like you were a long lost relative or best friend who had come back from being away for a long time.

Sosa? It was like I was gum on the guy's shoe. I picked up a couple of their sticks because I made it a point to get at least one of each of the house blends of the places I visited, but every time I see that stick in the humidor I remember that experience and reach for ANYTHING else.

Rant off, we now return you to your regularly scheduled thread. :-D

HA... isn't it amazing how a small interaction can totally alter you opinion of an overall brand? When I worked in retail, I felt the same way and was real particular about the kids I hired to work in my store. Nothing worse than a retailer who acts like they are doing YOU a favor by being there...

With that being said, I would suggest you give them another shot. I have been dealing with them a lot over the last few weeks, mainly via email, and they have been very receptive. I've only had a few of the cigars, but I will stand behind my assessment of the Super Selection... I've shied away from saying this, because it is a bold effing statement, but it reminded me of a poor man's Anejo... they are different sticks to be sure, but there are similarities there... and for $6-$8 you really can't go wrong...
    new review posted so get your comments up... my latest on contributor, Mike Lucado @BigEasySmoke, gives us his impressions of the La Aroma de Cuba Mi Amor... click here to comment RobbyRasReviews.com

CigarChat is live with Arby Sosa! Come out and get your name in the bowl 5x's!

click here to join in - CigarChat

• aeon_spiral@yahoo.comaeon_spiral@yahoo.com Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,101
    robbyras:

hey robby I've been gtrying to log in for the last 34 minutes sorry I can't get in on the chat I've been watcing what you have been saying saw beatnic was there. Just can't figure out no matter what I do why I keep getting a log in error message
  • taythegibstaythegibs Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,024
    aeon_spiral@yahoo.com:
    robbyras:

hey robby I've been gtrying to log in for the last 34 minutes sorry I can't get in on the chat I've been watcing what you have been saying saw beatnic was there. Just can't figure out no matter what I do why I keep getting a log in error message
    I had to clear out my cookies once when it kept doing that, it was very frustrating.

and i found out today at work that the RobbyRasReviews site will indeed crash my Droid, lol. and i coulda kicked Butt! Sosa's was the First B&M that i ever visited on a semi-regular basis, the guys there are great, and will put up with touristy noobness (i really can't wait to go back since i know more about cigars now!) I will be visiting their store again as soon as i can, but i doubt i will ever work as close as i did, just a few doors down at Downtown disney!
  • 0patience0patience Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,767
    aeon_spiral@yahoo.com:
    robbyras:

Ryan, do me a favor. When you figure out why you couldn't log in, let me know how you fixed it.
    All I could do is sit and watch the conversation.
  • aeon_spiral@yahoo.comaeon_spiral@yahoo.com Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,101
    0patience:
    aeon_spiral@yahoo.com:
    robbyras:

Ryan, do me a favor. When you figure out why you couldn't log in, let me know how you fixed it.
    I never figured it out. I sat and watched for awhile then just got so pissed I left.
  • 0patience0patience Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,767
    aeon_spiral@yahoo.com:
    0patience:
    aeon_spiral@yahoo.com:
    robbyras:

I never figured it out. I sat and watched for awhile then just got so pissed I left.
    PM at ya Ryan.
    Rob was flying solo last night (read: his techie partner wasnt in attendance) so there were some technical difficulties to be sure. At some point my chat window locked out and I had a helluva time getting back in. All that being said, I dont think these issues are typical in the Cigar Chats, and PLEASE dont get so discouraged you dont try it again sometime - last night was the first one I got in on and it was a REALLY good time! :-)

The Sniper:
    Rob was flying solo last night (read: his techie partner wasnt in attendance) so there were some technical difficulties to be sure. At some point my chat window locked out and I had a helluva time getting back in. All that being said, I dont think these issues are typical in the Cigar Chats, and PLEASE dont get so discouraged you dont try it again sometime - last night was the first one I got in on and it was a REALLY good time! :-)

I mentioned this in the CigarChat thread, but I had this box clicked that said "Disabble User Comments" so I think that may hyave kept people from loggin in... but I am concerend about it. I have heard of people having trouble logging in, so I may need to look into it...I can see that all you guys were there, so are all getting the CigarChat bonus in the contest!
    So the contest dealine is Tomorrow night! If you haven't gotten involved, it's not too late... just go to RobbyRasReviews.com and start commenting. The prize packs have been expanding! I'll get a pic up later today to entice you all, but here are a few things to be included:

AKA Cigars Hat, Four Kicks Hat
    AKA Cutter, many misc stickers
    Viaje Super Shot, Viaje Reserva
    Many botique cigars: Nomad, AKA, Sosa, RoMa Craft
    Misc Tats, padrons, Anejo, Opus
    A TON of AJ, RP, CAO, etc

between the 2 winners we're lookin at about 30-40 sticks... so go leave a few comments!
    Deadline is tonight... you can still enter pretty easily... just got to and post a few comments!
  • marineatbn03marineatbn03 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,634
    0patience:
    aeon_spiral@yahoo.com:
    0patience:
    aeon_spiral@yahoo.com:
    robbyras:

PM at ya Ryan.
    I got there just as the interview was starting, I couldn't figure out how to login as well. Maybe next time I will have it all figured out
  • marineatbn03marineatbn03 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,634
    Brother, had it not been for your site, I would have never known that a cigar existed called DEVIL DOG!!! That is just too cool in my book. I will have to find one now.
    marineatbn03:
    Brother, had it not been for your site, I would have never known that a cigar existed called DEVIL DOG!!! That is just too cool in my book. I will have to find one now.
    nice! PM me... i can probably help you out