Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

1st Annual RobbyRasReaping! ?Prizes Sent?

1235»

Comments

• robbyrasrobbyras Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,487
    Smokindaddy:
    robbyras:
    Smokindaddy:
    Im really diggin your site
    Thanks Smoke! It's been a labor of love for sure... anything specific you's like to see? I'm always looking for ways to generate more interaction...
    At the moment I can't think of anything. I like how when I bring up the site it's easy to what reviews are recent. It makes it easy to read and leave comments.
    nice... I try to keep it user friendly with a little kick to it... a concern is being able to easily access older stuff... it's getting to where I want it, but I'm always tinkering...

have you been to CigarChat? I get screen names mixed up so I apologize if I'm getting you confused... but we just rolled out a new video function with the chat... should be pretty cool when we have guests... Jameson Cigars will be with us on June 21st and I just added El Primer Mundo (July 5th), Reinado Cigars (July 18th) and TL Johnson Cigars (July 26th)... I'm working with El Tiante Cigars, Xikar and a few others as well... Maybe even our own Gryphon Humidors will be on... so it should be fun

I need to get The Beard and Alex to come on for a show!
  • deejmemixxdeejmemixx Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,064
    Congrats gents!!
  • The SniperThe Sniper Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,910
    robbyras:
    The Sniper:
    robbyras:
    Now that we have the Tributes, I'll get some questions together and do a little trivia challenge... I'm hoping to get live video of this as well... stay tuned
    Stick with the lovely assistant and Butterface in the video this time, would ya? LOL I keed, I keed... :-)

By Butterface, I assume you mean my dog... Charlie, AKA Buttface, AKA The Butt, AKA Stinky Butt... notice a theme here? He cuts those farts that smell like they hurt coming out
    Of course I meant Charlie! LOL You were the one who told me his nickname was Butterface, and where said nickname comes from. I thought it was one of the best parts of the Reaping video that he was barking / cheering in the background after the winners had been selected.

I would certainly NEVER call The RobbyRas Butterface!

Or anyone else in the video for that matter, as I know that multiple People's Elbows and Rock Bottom's (or should those be ROB Bottom's LOL) would be delivered as a result.

• MarkerMarker Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,524
    robbyras:
    Marker:
    robbyras:
    Marker:
    The Sniper:
    robbyras:
    Now that we have the Tributes, I'll get some questions together and do a little trivia challenge... I'm hoping to get live video of this as well... stay tuned
    Stick with the lovely assistant and Butterface in the video this time, would ya? LOL I keed, I keed... :-)

I am impressed with how she dresses up a little for the video, and some hobo walks up with her in a ballcap and shorts. Maybe there should be some sort of internet video drawing dress code set up for this thing.

Hint: less is more.
    if you are requesting that I be in a speedo, then I think I can work something out... but it may blind you
    No, less of you, more of her.
    well if she were an intern or something, sure... but she's my wife...
    It was a compliment. Thank you for your contributions to the good members here.
    Marker:
    robbyras:
    Marker:
    robbyras:
    Marker:
    The Sniper:
    robbyras:

I am impressed with how she dresses up a little for the video, and some hobo walks up with her in a ballcap and shorts. Maybe there should be some sort of internet video drawing dress code set up for this thing.

Hint: less is more.
    if you are requesting that I be in a speedo, then I think I can work something out... but it may blind you
    No, less of you, more of her.
    well if she were an intern or something, sure... but she's my wife...
    It was a compliment. Thank you for your contributions to the good members here.
    oh, i know... I was just playing along... I figured I was setting up a pretty good intern + Cigar joke... but maybe that topic is a little dated...
    OK, so the Tributes are aware what is expected for them and are preparing diligently...

The Reaping Trivia Battle will take place on Monday June 18th at 5PM PST and will be broadcast LIVE, via secure satellite feed, on RobbyRasReviews.com. There will be a chat window for you guys to post your comments in while you watch the slaughter LIVE!

I'm debating whether I should dye my hair blue or not... hmmm
  • SmokindaddySmokindaddy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,107
    robbyras:
    Smokindaddy:
    robbyras:
    Smokindaddy:
    Thanks Smoke! It's been a labor of love for sure... anything specific you's like to see? I'm always looking for ways to generate more interaction...
    At the moment I can't think of anything. I like how when I bring up the site it's easy to what reviews are recent. It makes it easy to read and leave comments.
    nice... I try to keep it user friendly with a little kick to it... a concern is being able to easily access older stuff... it's getting to where I want it, but I'm always tinkering...

have you been to CigarChat? I get screen names mixed up so I apologize if I'm getting you confused... but we just rolled out a new video function with the chat... should be pretty cool when we have guests... Jameson Cigars will be with us on June 21st and I just added El Primer Mundo (July 5th), Reinado Cigars (July 18th) and TL Johnson Cigars (July 26th)... I'm working with El Tiante Cigars, Xikar and a few others as well... Maybe even our own Gryphon Humidors will be on... so it should be fun

Very cool, haven't been to cigar chat yet, you just listed plenty of reasons for me to check it out though lol
    Smokindaddy:
    robbyras:
    Smokindaddy:
    robbyras:
    Smokindaddy:

I forgot to mention the most important part... almost all of our guests do a giveaway of some kind. When Sosa Cigars were on a few weeks back, they gave cigars to EVERYONE who attended! Very cool, haven't been to cigar chat yet, you just listed plenty of reasons for me to check it out though lol
  • SmokindaddySmokindaddy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,107
    robbyras:
    Smokindaddy:
    robbyras:
    Smokindaddy:
    robbyras:
    Smokindaddy:

I forgot to mention the most important part... almost all of our guests do a giveaway of some kind. When Sosa Cigars were on a few weeks back, they gave cigars to EVERYONE who attended! Very cool, haven't been to cigar chat yet, you just listed plenty of reasons for me to check it out though lol
    It's stuff like that, that helps keep the class in our hobby
    Just reminder the the LIVE Trivia Showdown takes place on Monday at 5pm PDT at www.RobbyRasReviews.com

Ochozacho, Bombay and myself will be live via Google+ Hangout and there will be a chat window up for you guys to contribute in a way you see fit... I'll post the link here on Monday!
    This is set to happen today at 5PM PDT... I'll post a link here when we get closer... hope you guys are ready!
    Woot. I can actually make this one. Google chat as well? I can load that up while I am at the cigar shop later.
    Marker:
    Woot. I can actually make this one. Google chat as well? I can load that up while I am at the cigar shop later.
    I'm actually going to broadcast the google chat on my site... so the video chat will only have 3 participants... Ocho, Bombay and myself... there chat window will be open for you guys to comment, help with answers, comment on my general shabby appearance, etc...

so the video will stream on the same page as the chat... make sense?
    ok, so the chat window is live... video will be up soon... so come say hi!

Click on the image below to read the review. Don't worry, it will open in a new window! RobbyRas Reaping

• BombayBombay Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,207
    Congrats Zach! Robby I truly apologize for the technical difficulties on my end, no excuses and please accept my apology, never wanted to end it like that. I feel like a heel.
  • OchoZachoOchoZacho Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,471
    Jim, you put up a tough fight! It was a ton of fun and a BIG thanks to Rob for all of the hard work he puts into the site for us to enjoy!
    There is no doubt Robby runs a top notch site! Robby thanks for the contest and all your hard work on the site it has taught me a lot and cost me a few bucks in the process with all the stuff I now need to try. Thanks and congrats again Zach.
    Thanks guys! We're still working out the kinks with the video...but this was a good test run and I'm glad we got to do it... and I'm starting to thing Zach knows my site better than i do!

thanks so much for all the support! Now, both of you guys need to PM me your info so I can get so winnings out
    Posting a picture I took while watching the trivia contest. Good times.

Hey look at that there is Robbys Mug!
    Bombay:
    Hey look at that there is Robbys Mug!
    you'll notice there are only TWO chatters on the screen... I wonder where Jim is!

thanks for posting Marker... funny stuff!

still waiting on a few things to arrive for the prize winnings... they should go out nearly next week... I'll post DC's here
    That is low Robby, low........funny but low!
    PACKAGES HAVE BEEN SENT!

both went out Priority today and are set to land on Saturday!

DC: 0311 1660 0002 1052 8130
    DC: 0311 1660 0002 1052 8123
    Received my winnings today! Thanks again Robby!

A great selection of sticks sent by Robby as always and I am fired up to try some of the ones I haven't had and revisit the GOF, La Aurora, and Padron (both). I also received a sweet AKA Cigars Cap as well.
    Bombay:
    Received my winnings today! Thanks again Robby!

A great selection of sticks sent by Robby as always and I am fired up to try some of the ones I haven't had and revisit the GOF, La Aurora, and Padron (both). I also received a sweet AKA Cigars Cap as well.
    Holy Hell they got there fast! I sent them yesterday! Glad there is some stuff in there that you like... I'm glad the GOF brings back good memories... not sure if I'll ever be able to smoke those Casa Fuente's... actually, I take that back... I'll smoke one while playing in the Inaugural Shaun Lumachi Memorial Golf Tournment on September 10th
    Where they playing that tourney I know some guys who would be interested?
    Bombay:
    Where they playing that tourney I know some guys who would be interested?
    As far as I know it's going to be at Franklin Canyon Golf Course in Hercules... Shaun used to work there... we had a ball washer that he... uh... brought up to our apartment in Sac... we used it as an ash tray....
    Zach posted his winnings Here