Home Non Cigar Related

what did you drink today ?

Comments

• gmill880gmill880 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,947
    Trying Duty's Typhoon recipe from a few posts back....pretty smooth ....easy flavorful drink...this will be a good summer evening deck drink...thanks Duty
  • LukoLuko Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,004
  • urbinourbino Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,517
    I had a couple of those Thurs. night.

For some reason I'm now seeing gm as one of those perpetually blitzed characters always carrying around a tropical drink in those Elvis movies.
  • dutyjedutyje Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,263
    gmill880:
    Trying Duty's Typhoon recipe from a few posts back....pretty smooth ....easy flavorful drink...this will be a good summer evening deck drink...thanks Duty
    no problem Gmill.. as I said in the other thread, take it easy. Pace yourself. Be sure to get up and walk around regularly, so you can assess your balance. And drink lots of water before going to bed.
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,294
    Drank a schneider-weisse Original and Aventinus yesterday. Have one more of each on hand. Big suckers!

urbino:
    I had a couple of those Thurs. night.

For some reason I'm now seeing gm as one of those perpetually blitzed characters always carrying around a tropical drink in those Elvis movies.

Elvis ? Who's that ?

Funny-lookin' kid. High voice. You'd know him if you saw him.
    He was funny looking, but he could sling the pigskin. Helluva college qb at Michigan too. Was decent at Kansas City. Not so much at Baltimore.
  • Big DeanBig Dean Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 120
    Right now I'm drinking some Grey Goose and cranberry juice. Very delicious, if you've never had it. I also have some Flying Dog IPA and some Goose Island Oatmeal Stout. Also very delicious. Just like to add that I've only had about five cigars this winter and I am so ready for a little warm weather so I can sit outside and enjoy some fine cigars. Also my humi is practically bursting with cigars or should I say humis. I hate seeing good deals and not being able to purchase them because I have no where to put them. Anyway I'm thinking about purchasing another 300 count humi this summer. and getting rid of my two 50 counts and my 20 count. Then I would have two 300 counts. Sorry for rambling. Like I said, right now I'm drinking Grey Goose and I get a little chatty.
    I'll have a bit of something or other with my La Cuna 85, here in a bit. Probably that Bernheim. Got my annual review today, and a decent little raise. That is, given the state of the economy, I wasn't expecting anybody to get raises. So I'm pleasantly surprised. And feeling a bit celebratory. So there.
    I did something similar, Urbino, when I found out a couple weeks ago that I was getting a bonus. I figured the pool for bonuses was empty this year, so it made my day to pass around good news to my team. I celebrated my bonus with a Padron 1926 courtesy of BBC, and I don't remember what I was drinking. I'm not holding out hope for a raise, but you never know.
    Atta go, doody.

And it was indeed Bernheim, last night. Tasty stuff. Very short, dry finish. Gets out of the way of the cigar flavor, nicely.
    Congrats 'Bino and Duty that is always good news , money is a very handy thing to have around, cures a lot of things ...
    Oh and btw started out with Michelob and switched to Buffalo Trace a little while ago ...
    Fat Tire Amber Ale -pretty darn good stuff
  • Joel H.Joel H. Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 101
    Friday night I enjoyed a few bloody marys before a perch dinner and followed up with New Glarus spotted cows for the after dinner discussion at one of our local watering holes. Fun times...
  • Rob1110Rob1110 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,454
    Tried a new Bourbon the other night....eagle something or other. I wish I could remember the name because it was good stuff. Tonight, I tried Absinthe for the first time. I'm not a fan of anise, but when prepared properly, Absinthe was tolerable. Something I'd have a glass of once in a while, but not an everyday thing, and certainly not more than one glass.
    Rob1110:
    Tried a new Bourbon the other night....eagle something or other. I wish I could remember the name because it was good stuff. Tonight, I tried Absinthe for the first time. I'm not a fan of anise, but when prepared properly, Absinthe was tolerable. Something I'd have a glass of once in a while, but not an everyday thing, and certainly not more than one glass.
    Probably Eagle Rare Single Barrel.. maybe Eagle Rare 17Y
  • Rob1110Rob1110 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,454
    Eagle Rare Single Barrel - aged 10 years. Very nice stuff.
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,384
    Tullamore Dew on ice...
    I had a little sumpin known as The Champagne of Beers. I'd say it was fantastic, but I'd be lying.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    what am i drinking today? On St. Patrick's day?

Killian's Irish Red.

...duh
    kuzi16:
    what am i drinking today? On St. Patrick's day?

Killian's Irish Red.

...duh
    That's about as Irish as Mad Dog
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,384
    How bout wild irish rose?
    You havin' a st pattys day Typhoon Duty? Thought that may be a good one for tonight ....again thanks for the heads up on that one ...
    No problem, gmill... I'll probably be dry tonight... I don't bust out the typhoons unless I'm feeling pretty serious. That's usually not the case on a Tuesday night.
  • dep691dep691 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 311

gmill880:
    Fat Tire Amber Ale -pretty darn good stuff

I agree with you on the Fat Tire that is some pretty good beer. I bought some La Fin du Monde the other day Canadian beer, triple fermented, was pretty good. Also picked up some Chimay the Red, Blue, and White lable from Belgium. Gonna try the White tonight after dinner.

A coupla Harps...now thems Irish.