Home Non Cigar Related

what did you drink today ?

Comments

• urbinourbino Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,517
    I'm having a few sips of that Bernheim. It's good stuff. It'd be a great whiskey to sip while smoking a good cigar, because it's light and leaves very little aftertaste. You get the explosion of flavors and the whiskey prickle, then you swallow it and it's gone; no interference with or covering up of the flavor of your cigar.

If you can find some, I recommend trying it.
  • LukoLuko Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,004
    Just plain ole Sam Adams tonight. It's good though...what a brewer. And a patriot.
  • gmill880gmill880 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,947

j0z3r:
    Last night I had some Buffalo Trace and cola, about two shots' worth of the BT. It was good and sufficient to make me sleepy...and I slept like a baby and woke feeling like a million bucks. Beautiful.

Joe, give the Buffalo Trace a whirl with a Sierra Mist Free as the mixer .....gives it a tropical feel .....veeeery good ....

Why do I get the feeling you'd drink iodine if it was mixed with Sierra Mist?
    I can't mix my alcohol with anything, especially whiskey and bourbon.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    For the most part I'm with you Luko, the main exception being Gin, I have to have that with tonic and a bit of lime. Aside from that, I like to sip whiskey neat.

In fact, I'm sipping on a modest pour of Bushmills Black Bush tonight. It has a very sweet fragrance almost akin to...well, maple syrup is what comes to mind. And that sweetness comes through on the palate as well. Good stuff.
  • blustar4lifeblustar4life Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 36
    I have to say this evening I enjoyed several Capt n Cokes while hanging out with my lovely wife and friends.
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,384
    Luko:

(clinks glass with Luko)Cheers to that. Having Tullamore Dew tonight. Great irish whiskey. Hey Joe, if you like the black bush, do the dew. It has that same sweetness on the nose that comes though on a smooth finish.
    Jetmech_63:
    Luko:

(clinks glass with Luko)Cheers to that. Having Tullamore Dew tonight. Great irish whiskey. Hey Joe, if you like the black bush, do the dew. It has that same sweetness on the nose that comes though on a smooth finish.
    Hmm, maybe I try the Tullamore Dew instead of the Black Bush (it's just fun to write that). How does the Tullamore Dew stack up price-wise?

Jozer, I agree with you, if I was drinking gin, I'd need some tonic. But I guess I should have said that mostly I drink beer and red wine. If I drink alcohol, it's whiskey or bourbon. I rarely, if ever, drink vodka, rum, gin, etc. Maybe a margarita or a Tom Collins in the summer, but that's unusual.

• Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,384
    Price-wise it's good to go. I can get a fifth for 19 bucks or a litre for 21....hard decision :). The price is buffalo trace-ish. I love the stuff, drink it over ice.
  • cheymancheyman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 157
    Luko:
    Jetmech_63:
    Luko:

Hmm, maybe I try the Tullamore Dew instead of the Black Bush (it's just fun to write that). How does the Tullamore Dew stack up price-wise?

Jozer, I agree with you, if I was drinking gin, I'd need some tonic. But I guess I should have said that mostly I drink beer and red wine. If I drink alcohol, it's whiskey or bourbon. I rarely, if ever, drink vodka, rum, gin, etc. Maybe a margarita or a Tom Collins in the summer, but that's unusual.

Tom Collins in the summer is a beautiful thing.
    My tastes run more to Jessica Alba, but to each his own.

urbino:
    Why do I get the feeling you'd drink iodine if it was mixed with Sierra Mist?

takes the bite out of it and after the second one the room slows down a bit ....strange colors i see though . . .

urbino:

Pour Sierra Mist over her , you'll like her even better !!!

• j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    gmill880:

urbino:

Pour Sierra Mist over her , you'll like her even better !!!

Sierra Mist washes away herpes? Dang, is there anything it doesn't do?
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    i havent had anything to drink today yet but tonight it will be the Voga Pinot Grisio.
    dinner is going to be hot and sour Grouper with carrot rice... and i need a veggie.
    any suggestions?

edit: had to go with sea bass... the grouper was looking not so good.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,144
    kuzi16:
    i havent had anything to drink today yet but tonight it will be the Voga Pinot Grisio.
    dinner is going to be hot and sour Grouper with carrot rice... and i need a veggie.
    any suggestions?

edit: had to go with sea bass... the grouper was looking not so good.
    ....always asparagus. I love asparagus. as long as your don't prepare the sea bass hot and sour style.
    Gentleman  Jack
    dinner was a small disaster. We didnt drink the wine. just didnt feel like it.
    the bass was good but didnt have enough flavor. I should have used more of the Hod and sour soup when i put the parchment wrapped seared bass in the oven. Oh well. live and learn.

the remaining soup was the highlight.
    Sorry that happened Kuz, it seems you had high expectations ...thats a bummer
    I figure anytime you eat seafood and it doesn't taste like mercury, that's a win.

urbino:
    I figure anytime you eat seafood and it doesn't taste like mercury, that's a win.

Yes but, have you ever mixed your mercury with sierra mist ....ummm

gmill880:

urbino:

you have to do it in a blender and add an egg as an emulsifier. otherwise the mercury is far to heavy and dense.
  • dutyjedutyje Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,263
    Luko:
    I love this sentence. Did you do that on purpose?
    gmill880:

urbino:

Heh.
    Tatonka ...err no...wait ... Tortuga , yea thats it
  • dutyjedutyje Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,263
    had some vodka tonics with a splash of Rose's lime.. never tried this before.. super tasty! I bet Kuzi would dig 'em.
    gmill880:
    Tatonka ...err no...wait ... Tortuga , yea thats it
    I'm pretty sure pouring Sierra Mist on tatonka will just get you angry tatonka.