Home Non Cigar Related

what did you drink today ?

Comments

• betasynnbetasynn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,249
    Sam Adams CS? Good man.
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,384
    I like it. I have a 6-er of Sierra Nevada Porter in the fridge and Lagunitas IPA. And on the door is a 6-er of Pabst Blue Ribbon.....couldnt help myself...i like it!!
  • LukoLuko Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,004
    Lord Chesterfield Ale...brewed by, you guessed it - Yuengling.
  • urbinourbino Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,517
    Had a Yuengling earlier (not with Luko, sadly). Probably some bourbon later.
    Well out of beer from the occasional "one or two" during the week so im stck with the rest of my bottle of Wild Turkey Rare Breed. Sooooo good. This stuff amazes me every time i pour it. Strong caramel and oak on the nose, taste is strong with initial sweet notes growing to a strong earthy, woody, dry caramel flavor. If ya'll love some bourbon, pick some up. You wont be disappointed!
    urbino:
    Would truly enjoy that...

In the meantime, what's the bourbon you're so fond of...bradford reserve? woodford reserve? something along those lines?
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,349
    urbino:
    so what exactly is this stuff? a beer or something. You guy's keep talking about it.
  • urbinourbino Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,517
    Beer, yes.
    Luko:
    urbino:
    Would truly enjoy that...

In the meantime, what's the bourbon you're so fond of...bradford reserve? woodford reserve? something along those lines?
    Woodford Reserve.
  • gmill880gmill880 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,947
    Michelob Ultra earlier .....some homemade good stuff from a friend deep in the middle of moonshine country later.....wheeew a little goes a long way boys ....
    Had an assload of yuengling bombers last night. So nothing tonight.
    Bushmills 16 year. Saved up some per diem money on my trip last week. Excellent irish whiskey. Aging in Oak barrels, then Sherry barrels and finally old Port barrels adds an incredible taste and complexity.
    Picked up my first Yuengling today .....will report back later
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,144
    gmill880:
    Hey gene-o did you run out of sierra mist ?
    kaspera79:
    gmill880:
    And don't mix it with the yueng...I can guarantee that won't work out well.
    Luko:
    kaspera79:
    gmill880:
    I thought Sierra Mist was the nectar of the Gods.. It goes great with everything.. :0
    kaspera79:
    Luko:
    kaspera79:
    gmill880:
    I thought Sierra Mist was the nectar of the Gods.. It goes great with everything.. :0

You know what ...I should have stuck with the Sierra Mist ! I drank 3 of the Yuenglings and try as I might I could not find myself liking this at all. Not really bad IMO , and actually had hints of the Fat Tire flavor that I really enjoyed, but theres other stuff I would spend my money on and drink first. Oh well I guess thats what makes the world go 'round fella's. Would be a boring a$$ place if we all liked the same thing ...Pouring me a Tortuga and Sierra Mist for a little night cap now ...AAHHHHH ...Thats more like it ...
    gmill880:
    kaspera79:
    Luko:
    kaspera79:
    gmill880:

You know what ...I should have stuck with the Sierra Mist ! I drank 3 of the Yuenglings and try as I might I could not find myself liking this at all. Not really bad IMO , and actually had hints of the Fat Tire flavor that I really enjoyed, but theres other stuff I would spend my money on and drink first. Oh well I guess thats what makes the world go 'round fella's. Would be a boring a$$ place if we all liked the same thing ...Pouring me a Tortuga and Sierra Mist for a little night cap now ...AAHHHHH ...Thats more like it ...
    You just reminded me... I am out of Fat Tires, Better get some tomorrow. Tortuga and Sprite isone of my neighbors favorites, so every time I go over there, that is what we drink.. Is it too late now ?
    kaspera79:
    gmill880:
    kaspera79:
    Luko:
    kaspera79:
    gmill880:

You just reminded me... I am out of Fat Tires, Better get some tomorrow. Tortuga and Sprite isone of my neighbors favorites, so every time I go over there, that is what we drink.. Is it too late now ?

Its never too late Kas ...enjoy
    Just finished a 2 day nerve wracking headache stretch at work ...things will calm down Wednesday. Finishing off a six pack of Miller Lite to unwind and decompress ...
    Figured out how to make manhattans! I used a splash of bitters, a shot of sweet vermouth and makers mark, shake with ice in a shaker and strain into a glass with 2 cherries. Pretty damn good. A man cocktail you dont have to worry about looking like a *** ordering!
    Then, lose the cherries tough guy ! ( I hope you know I'm just yanking your chain dog )
  • TumblerTumbler Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 338
    I didn't have anything... I did get a ticket before the crossing arms stopped and the lights went out. I told him he had to be kidding, but he wasn't. It's court appointed. I think the state needs money...
    Tumbler:
    I didn't have anything... I did get a ticket before the crossing arms stopped and the lights went out. I told him he had to be kidding, but he wasn't. It's court appointed. I think the state needs money...

That sucks Tumbler...I think you are right about one thing though...there will be a lot less leniency now that everybodys making a money grab ...
    Tumbler:

Geez, that sounds like a Kalifornia ticket!
    I love being on vacation. Nothng like waking up and shaking up a Manhattan with wild turkey 101 for breakfast! For all you bourbon-heads out there go buy a bottle of Cinzano Rosso sweet vermouth and a small bottle of agnostura bitters and get mixin'. Really nice flavor.
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,132
    Last night I had a couple glasses of Buffalo Trace while watching the sun set from my balcony and enjoying my Sol Cubano. We are moving this weekend to a new place so I figured I better have one last smoke and drink at the apt. Tonight we will be having smokes and drinks on the balcony of the new place! lol Gotta love the simple things in life!
    PuroFreak:
    Last night I had a couple glasses of Buffalo Trace while watching the sun set from my balcony and enjoying my Sol Cubano. We are moving this weekend to a new place so I figured I better have one last smoke and drink at the apt. Tonight we will be having smokes and drinks on the balcony of the new place! lol Gotta love the simple things in life!

Buffalo Trace one of my favs
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,132
    gmill880:
    PuroFreak:

Then you got good taste G-man! It's one of my favorites too! I lucked out last time I went to the liquor store because they had the half gallon bottles of it on sale for $32.99!!! Made my day! haha
    PuroFreak:
    gmill880:
    PuroFreak:

Then you got good taste G-man! It's one of my favorites too! I lucked out last time I went to the liquor store because they had the half gallon bottles of it on sale for $32.99!!! Made my day! haha

LOL that is a good day!!!
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,349
    Had a pepsi natural last night.....