Home General Discussion

What did you get today?

Comments

• rzamanrzaman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,604
    Sorry to hear that. however, the top four wrappers are either from Nicaragua, Ecuador or Con. Oscuro. Cuban wrappers are not so thick, oily and veiny. the color of Cuban wrapper are not so oily bright. usually CC wrapper are more creamy milk chocolate, brown or can be coppery sometime and thinner. The bottom two small cigars are still little confusing.
    Bigshizza:
    jliu:
    rzaman:
    Gran Habano or Liga Privada brands. I can be entirely wrong.
    jliu:
    ya know what. i have no clue what they are. it's basically a blind taste.
    ok so a little bit more background. all i know is some of these (or all of these) are truly fake ccs. I asked about them b/c about a month ago, I had a fake behike b52 at a local BnM (I knew it was fake before I smoked it). Tasted ok as in it was passable for a smoke but nothing like a real b52. I have the essentially the same opportunity again so I wanted to smoke them for the hopes of broadening my knowledge.
    He's helping me with finding the truth. Two pairs are from one company and the other pair are from another online ISOM dealer. Basically, Jiunn is going to verify if I truly screwed the pooch on this one! An expensive lesson, for sure!
  • jliujliu Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,055
    rzaman:
    Sorry to hear that. however, the top four wrappers are either from Nicaragua, Ecuador or Con. Oscuro. Cuban wrappers are not so thick, oily and veiny. the color of Cuban wrapper are not so oily bright. usually CC wrapper are more creamy milk chocolate, brown or can be coppery sometime and thinner. The bottom two small cigars are still little confusing.
    Bigshizza:
    jliu:
    rzaman:
    jliu:
    ok so a little bit more background. all i know is some of these (or all of these) are truly fake ccs. I asked about them b/c about a month ago, I had a fake behike b52 at a local BnM (I knew it was fake before I smoked it). Tasted ok as in it was passable for a smoke but nothing like a real b52. I have the essentially the same opportunity again so I wanted to smoke them for the hopes of broadening my knowledge.
    based on the little experience that I have, your descriptions of cc wrappers makes alot of sense to me. it'll be fun to actually have these smoking experiences though! big thanks to jimbo for hooking it up. I personally don't get many experiences like this at all (although I feel bad for jimbo's misfortune on this...) He's helping me with finding the truth. Two pairs are from one company and the other pair are from another online ISOM dealer. Basically, Jiunn is going to verify if I truly screwed the pooch on this one! An expensive lesson, for sure!
  • BombayBombay Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,207
    jliu:
    rzaman:
    Bigshizza:
    jliu:
    rzaman:
    jliu:
    based on the little experience that I have, your descriptions of cc wrappers makes alot of sense to me. it'll be fun to actually have these smoking experiences though! big thanks to jimbo for hooking it up. I personally don't get many experiences like this at all (although I feel bad for jimbo's misfortune on this...) He's helping me with finding the truth. Two pairs are from one company and the other pair are from another online ISOM dealer. Basically, Jiunn is going to verify if I truly screwed the pooch on this one! An expensive lesson, for sure!
    Fake or Not Fake, that is the question? Frankly I don't give a rats A! I would enjoy the hell out of em and hope that I was right. The blind taste test is one of the best things going seeing as often our minds are tricked into believing the hype or someone elses opinion, etc. and it happens with all things really, restauraunts, politcs, clothes. Now don't get me wrong there is always a get what you pay for factor involved but if you like something that is "lower end" over something that is supposedly "higher end" so be it! My .02.

Snoobie, I want a full report at the herf this weekend so get smoking!
  • jliujliu Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,055
    Bombay:
    jliu:
    rzaman:
    Bigshizza:
    jliu:
    rzaman:
    jliu:
    I agree bombay. a good cigar is a good cigar period. a good dump is a good dump. no matter where I take it. know what I'm sayin? ok, i'll plug away at these in time for our herf based on the little experience that I have, your descriptions of cc wrappers makes alot of sense to me. it'll be fun to actually have these smoking experiences though! big thanks to jimbo for hooking it up. I personally don't get many experiences like this at all (although I feel bad for jimbo's misfortune on this...) He's helping me with finding the truth. Two pairs are from one company and the other pair are from another online ISOM dealer. Basically, Jiunn is going to verify if I truly screwed the pooch on this one! An expensive lesson, for sure!
    Fake or Not Fake, that is the question? Frankly I don't give a rats A! I would enjoy the hell out of em and hope that I was right. The blind taste test is one of the best things going seeing as often our minds are tricked into believing the hype or someone elses opinion, etc. and it happens with all things really, restauraunts, politcs, clothes. Now don't get me wrong there is always a get what you pay for factor involved but if you like something that is "lower end" over something that is supposedly "higher end" so be it! My .02.

• deejmemixxdeejmemixx Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,064
    2 liberty 2012 and a DE copper label from my local bnm for my birthday.
  • prosspross Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 739
    In the spirit of the season...Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
  • Bobbo2009Bobbo2009 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 843
    pross:
    In the spirit of the season...Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

NICE!! I pick mine up on Thursday.
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 10,949
    Bombay:
    jliu:
    rzaman:
    Bigshizza:
    jliu:
    rzaman:
    jliu:

This is more about getting what you paid for AS ADVERTISED....if these are truly fakes then it is my duty to make sure everyone else learns from my mistake! If I can prevent future sales I will! Our support should go to legitimate vendors, not scammers.
  • Gaetano7890Gaetano7890 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 771
    Photobucket So ready to try these again.
  • BombayBombay Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,207
    Bigshizza:
    Bombay:
    jliu:
    rzaman:
    Bigshizza:
    jliu:
    rzaman:
    jliu:

This is more about getting what you paid for AS ADVERTISED....if these are truly fakes then it is my duty to make sure everyone else learns from my mistake! If I can prevent future sales I will! Our support should go to legitimate vendors, not scammers.
    I hear ya Shizz! I was speaking strictly from the snoobie's perspective and telling him to get on it. Now from a purchaser's perspective agree with ya you want to be sure your are getting what you paid for no problem writhing that at all.
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 10,949
    Bombay:
    Bigshizza:
    Bombay:
    jliu:
    rzaman:
    Bigshizza:
    jliu:
    rzaman:
    jliu:

I hear ya Shizz! I was speaking strictly from the snoobie's perspective and telling him to get on it. Now from a purchaser's perspective agree with ya you want to be sure your are getting what you paid for no problem writhing that at all.
    I know, it's just embarrassing and to think you're half way intelligent. But thanks I just don't want anyone else to fall victim to these guys. I did smoke the larger ring guy and it wasn't all bad... I will reveal what's what when Jiunn is finished doing his research.
  • asianbiker8asianbiker8 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 551
    Today I got a whole bunch of padilla cigars. 10 packs of golden bears, artemis, and 1932 lanceros.
  • ToombesToombes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,451
    My first order in 6+ months! It included the Black Crown sampler, the Nicararo sampler and a few other assorted goodies including two Davidoff Anniversario Series that are going to rest for the next four years until my son Joey turns 18. Also, Jiunn and Boyd sent a sack full o' love as a contribution to my Stateside Soldier pass. Pics will be up tomorrow night.

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
  • MVW67MVW67 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,447
    Nice little package from the other day from Chemforever, a thank you for bombing him, he wasn't suppose toooo, very nice sticks!!!!

• SleevePlzSleevePlz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,408
    Bombed by Lee. IMAG0340 And a box of Molotov's that I'm splitting with Lord Vader. IMAG0341
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,993
    Let me know what you guys think of the Molotov, I am a huge fan, but I do favor domincan tobacco as of late.
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,739
    Rip doesn't always drink beer. But when he does, ......... and has a lot of it, he's does this lol. Thank you brother.
  • ccezarccezar Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 97
    danielzreyes:
    Rip doesn't always drink beer. But when he does, ......... and has a lot of it, he's does this lol. Thank you brother.
    Lovely
  • Steve2010Steve2010 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,036

I didn't know the Tempus Maduros were being re-banded.
  • MVW67MVW67 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,447
    From Trident/Pitchfork/Roman/Ramon....little Bday gift from him with help from Andy....really Andy? Thank you Tri, will come in handy!!!!

• bbass2bbass2 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,056
    Unfortunately, several were damaged upon inspection... 6 were bad, 3 had small cracks. Dated April 09, waiting for the seller to get back to me on a resolution hopefully..... image
  • rzamanrzaman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,604
    Ah...H.Upman no.2- great smoke with tons of aromatic spicy flavor and nutty finish. If 9 out of 25 are damaged then the seller should replace the entire box. They are almost as good as Montecristo no. 2 especially after 3 years of age.
    catfishbluezz:
    Unfortunately, several were damaged upon inspection... 6 were bad, 3 had small cracks. Dated April 09, waiting for the seller to get back to me on a resolution hopefully..... image
    rzaman:
    Ah...H.Upman no.2- great smoke with tons of aromatic spicy flavor and nutty finish. If 9 out of 25 are damaged then the seller should replace the entire box. They are almost as good as Montecristo no. 2 especially after 3 years of age.
    catfishbluezz:
    I specifically like them at 5-6, but after 3 years they start to ramp up. I have some from 10, 09, and 08 as of now. I insured them with usps too so hopefulyl I am ok. I am going to see if I can collect teh insurance and keep the product, that would be best for the seller and I. I like the Upmann's better then the Monte, but that is my taste as I like Upmann in general more then Monte's.
  • twistedstemtwistedstem Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,691
    ok so i got this yesterday but didnt get to post till today.Photobucket Photobucket
  • Duke2Duke2 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 393
    I got the Oliva Serie V sampler that contains the new Melanio. They are resting in my humidor. I also ordered a box of Oliva Serie V robusto which should arrive next week. Looking forward to lighting up the Melanio. Anybody had one yet?
    Duke2:
    I got the Oliva Serie V sampler that contains the new Melanio. They are resting in my humidor. I also ordered a box of Oliva Serie V robusto which should arrive next week. Looking forward to lighting up the Melanio. Anybody had one yet?
    i would let it rest, just my two cents
  • marineatbn03marineatbn03 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,634
    twistedstem:
    ok so i got this yesterday but didnt get to post till today.Photobucket Photobucket
    Twisted, what camacho is this???
  • Steve2010Steve2010 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,036
  • marineatbn03marineatbn03 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,634
    Steve2010:
    I see your mail is running right. Mine is going on 3-4 weeks now.