Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

Good Traders and Stand up Folks.

Comments

• betasynnbetasynn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,249
    Andy and I had a deal and I received three oliva V maduros today! Beyond having them just sent over, he put them in an Oliva box! Great guy, will trade with again.
  • cabinetmakercabinetmaker Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,561
    I just found myself on the receiving end of a bomb from Alienmisprint aka Tony. 5 great sticks, 4 of which I have never smoked. I was not even expecting it, no clue whatsoever, just got home and found that the mailbox was charred, lid blown off, and dangling from one very loose screw! Thanks Tony!
  • gmill880gmill880 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,947
    A huge shout out to Kas ...Those Chicago boys are heavy hitters ! Received a bomb today from Kas (return fire for a few sticks sent his way) Kas blew me away with a Opus X #4 with a year on it (I've never had one with that much age -really looking forward to it) One of my all time favorites - a La Aurora 1495/1994 with about 15 months ( Jeez Kas thats way overboard) Camacho Jamastran -have really wanted to try this cigar for a while now . RP Nording - I've only had one but it was very good, high expectations for this one. Gurkha Blue Steel - 6 months on it -Will be new for me. Thanks a ton Kas these are much appreciated. Kas's reputation and status as a great guy and BOTL are already well known , Kas much appreciated brother . Gene
  • laker1963laker1963 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,046
    We have a new trading member here now guy's. Bigj51 hit me with a mooch package with 7 KILLER sticks in it.
    The was a Man O' War Ruination (Loving these right now)
    2 Oliva O Connies, love the creaminess of these sticks
    Drew Estate Java. The wife loves these.
    a Kristoff Maduro, never seen one, had to look it up. Nice looking stick with a pig-tail and a shaggy foot and it smeels great.
    R P Decade... well you know !
    Cohiba Red Dot, I just love the flavor and consistency of these sticks.

So there you have it guys, 7 sticks, all first class, shipped safely. THANK YOU BigJ, welcome to the good traders list and I look forward to doing this again sometime.
    BigJ is certainly a Good Trader and Stand Up Guy.
    Also a BIG thanks goes out to robert69165 for his half of a trade he and I worked out some time back.

Because I wasn't careful enough to provide him with some tips for sending to a BOTL up in the great white north his first package was sent back.

robert69165 graciously agredd to re-send the package and I got it yesterday in the mail.
    It contained a great selection of extra sticks in addition to the three Alec Bradley Temous sticks we were trading for.

He included as extra's...
    a RP Sungrown
    a RP Edge Maduro
    a Vega Fuego, never heard of this one, but it smells great. Anybody know this stick?
    a Roland Reyes Sr. Reyes Family Premium
    a CAO Black Gothic I believe
    a Padilla Habano
    and an Olive G (already sacrificed... what can I say:) )
    So as you can see robert69165 is a first class trader and stand up guy. I hope we can pull off another trade in the future Robert, any time just let me know.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    I got my half of a trade with Beta. Not only did he come through on the agreed upon cigar, he made good on some nice extras...you can never send enough Padilla 1932's my way. Not to mention the RP Summer '08 and the Garcia y Garcia My Father robusto, excellent cigars and not a clunker among them....well, maybe the Gurkha, but I'll smoke it and see. :D

Thanks again for a great trade.
  • bbc020bbc020 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,422
    Even after botching his name in his Trade show thread. Scrambler came through for me on a long time wish and bombed with a Tatuaje Black. He also included two extra sticks, a Tatuaje Havana IV Hermosos and another cigar new to me, a Partagas Serie D No 4 (I think from his uncle Fredel).

Words cannot describe how grateful I am for this bomb. The Black would have been over the top by itself, but Scrambler's generosity took it way over the top with this one. Thanks a ton, I can only hope I can repay this one sometime!
  • cholmes8310cholmes8310 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,585
    Got my Fun N Games package from Four today. Great selection, including a MOW Figurado, which I had been dying to add to my collection of MOW's. I already knew he was generous, but this was a great selection of sticks. I have traded with him many times in the past, and will continue to trade/buy with him as often as possible.
  • betasynnbetasynn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,249
    I got my my MaW package from Scrambler, and he sent me an extra I-press on the side, which is a stick i've been dying to try! Thanks!
  • Bad AndyBad Andy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 848
    Just completed my trade with Laker, I received a bottle of crown from the mother land and he got some sweet V maduros. Thanks again bro, enjoy.
    betasynn:
    Andy and I had a deal and I received three oliva V maduros today! Beyond having them just sent over, he put them in an Oliva box! Great guy, will trade with again.
    Thanks bro, any time just let me know.
    Bad Andy:
    Just completed my trade with Laker, I received a bottle of crown from the mother land and he got some sweet V maduros. Thanks again bro, enjoy.
    Yup. Like Andy reports, we pulled off a trade with a twist. And I get to try The Oliva V Maduro's finaly one for very soon :) and the other two for sometime later. Thanks Andy.
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,961
    Bad Andy:
    I have never even thought about this, but is Crown Royal in Canada different than the Crown Royal we get here?
    alienmisprint:
    Bad Andy:
    I have never even thought about this, but is Crown Royal in Canada different than the Crown Royal we get here?
    I have no idea, but I guess it isn't available where Andy lives.
    It is very heavy and expensive to ship.
    There is a version crown that is different...Crown Royal Limited Edition...its great and can only be bought in Canada.
    Bad Andy:
    There is a version crown that is different...Crown Royal Limited Edition...its great and can only be bought in Canada.
    OH Jeeze. Please tell me I sent you the right stuff !? Sorry if I messed it up Andy.
    And I thought I had seen all the different types of Crown already, lol. They had four different types at the Class Six on Schofield, the most expensive was like $150 a bottle. I never tried it, but I always wanted to wait until someone else bought it, follow them home, and offer them like $10 for a shot of it, lol.
  • GoldyGoldy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,636
    plaidbanana1 hooked me up with his part of the trade and included a nice looking extra. A+ Trader
    Well, if anyone is unsure of Renaissance's good-trader-liness, don't be. He brought the pain man, hardcore style. We agreed on a trade where I sent him 4 sticks and he was supposed to just hit me back with whatever he thought was fair. Apparently, his sense of fair is a bit off, I just got a box with 12 cigars. Twelve. And not low-end sticks either, among them was a Decade, an Oliva MB3, and a DPG. They are all excellent smokes, many of them are my favorites, and three I haven't tried. Damn nice hit Stan, but there will be retalliation. My people-who-need-bombing list is ever growing.
  • Renaissance_ManRenaissance_Man Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 972
    alienmisprint:
    Well, if anyone is unsure of Renaissance's good-trader-liness, don't be. He brought the pain man, hardcore style. We agreed on a trade where I sent him 4 sticks and he was supposed to just hit me back with whatever he thought was fair. Apparently, his sense of fair is a bit off, I just got a box with 12 cigars. Twelve. And not low-end sticks either, among them was a Decade, an Oliva MB3, and a DPG. They are all excellent smokes, many of them are my favorites, and three I haven't tried. Damn nice hit Stan, but there will be retalliation. My people-who-need-bombing list is ever growing.
    Hahaahah! I am glad you liked it! Those 5 Vegas Miami Coronas are awesome! I was asking Kuzi abt ur address for a small bomb just the day before you posted ur trade offer ;)... Anyway... I think you forgot to mention some of the "other" content in the box ;) haahahhaha... I hope there was at least some bit of a surprise there...
    alienmisprint:
    and a DPG.
    btw - this is the old label for this cigar, but this is the blue generosos... i have heard good things about it but have not tried it personally - i hope u enjoy it!
    Renaissance_Man:
    alienmisprint:
    Hahaahah! I am glad you liked it! Those 5 Vegas Miami Coronas are awesome! I was asking Kuzi abt ur address for a small bomb just the day before you posted ur trade offer ;)... Anyway... I think you forgot to mention some of the "other" content in the box ;) haahahhaha... I hope there was at least some bit of a surprise there...
    Oh yeah bro, the condom and wet nap will definately come in handy, not too sure about the ink pen refill though.

I am pretty stoked to try that DPG too, it will be the first one of his namesake brands I will have had. I really dig the stuff he does for other companies (5 Vegas Miami, Tatuaje, etc), so I'm hoping I like his own lines as well.
    OK, so I was in touch with a BOTL who was new to the games here at the forums and was stationed in Iraq.

I took jpclotfelter up on his MOOCH package offer. It was his first package he sent out and it arrived to me today from IRAQ !!

This BOTL sent me out 6 VERY NICE sticks several of which I have not tried.
    He sent me out ...A Camacho Candela Robusto, never had one of these. They look and smell awesome.
    There is a Perdomo Reserve Cabinet Series P 1492, new to me as well.
    An Oliveros Edicion Italiana 07, very interesting stick
    A Perdomo Cabinet Series P 1492 Limited Golf Edition, Jacob says this one is very tasty
    There are 2 Nestor a Connecticut Corona Gorda En Cedro, and the second one is the same stick in a little smaller gauge. I have had a couple of these before and really liked them.

So all in all a great package sent from Iraq from jpclotfelter. So if anybody gets the chance to do a deal with Jacob... jump on it, he is certainly a GOOD TRADER & STAND UP GUY.
    Tony once again proves he is in the "good traders and stand up guys" club! Got your package and am pleasantly letting them rest! Thanks for the additional "Famous"! Oddly enough I have been looking at some of their deals and wanted to try one of their house blends... As for the other cigars - an Opus, Preferidos, Camacho, Man O War... What more can a man want ;)! I hope we get to trade again! Cheers!

As for Thewelder, I am proud to be your first trading partner, Rich! Awesome job! And don't worry - the sticks were great! Pretty much all but the Padilla I have not had and I was really happy that you included one stick from the forum samplers! Really happy! Hell - if you had sent just a couple of those that would have been fine lol! Now I will be able to judge if i wanna get in on one of the last samplers ;) lol... Great packaging and great sticks! Thanks! I hope we get to trade again as well! ;)... And watch out - now you are in the traders' club and someone already has your address... u know what a bomb is ;)?

Cheers!
  • jpclotfelterjpclotfelter Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 294
    laker1963:
    He sent me out ...A Camacho Candela Robusto, never had one of these. They look and smell awesome
    Laker,
    I hadn't smoked the Camacho Candela when I slipped one in your package but I have since smoked one. I highly recomend you smoke this one sitting down. It has a very mild flavor but this thing is POWERFUL.
    jpclotfelter:
    laker1963:
    He sent me out ...A Camacho Candela Robusto, never had one of these. They look and smell awesome
    Laker,
    I hadn't smoked the Camacho Candela when I slipped one in your package but I have since smoked one. I highly recomend you smoke this one sitting down. It has a very mild flavor but this thing is POWERFUL.

Man are these things ever weird to look at!!!

Can you decribe the flavor JP? I have this image of it being like smoking green grass, tho I am sure it isn't or they wouldn't be selling any of them.

Can you compare it to any other sticks out there that you have had?
  • jpclotfelterjpclotfelter Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 294
    laker1963:
    jpclotfelter:
    laker1963:
    Laker,

Can you decribe the flavor JP? I have this image of it being like smoking green grass, tho I am sure it isn't or they wouldn't be selling any of them.

The Camacho Candela has a remarkably mild flavor to it. I certainly wouldn't try to pair this cigar with a glass of Scotch. The flavors are very herbal; kind of like green tea. It is very true to the Camacho brand in that it is very powerful. Don't let the mild flavors fool you, this cigar will give you a head rush.

I agree that it is very odd to llok at. The green wrapper with the brown tobocco in the middle is interesting.

All in all it is a admirable smoke. I will certainly keep some Candelas in my humidor.
    jpclotfelter:
    laker1963:
    jpclotfelter:
    laker1963:
    Laker,

The Camacho Candela has a remarkably mild flavor to it. I certainly wouldn't try to pair this cigar with a glass of Scotch. The flavors are very herbal; kind of like green tea. It is very true to the Camacho brand in that it is very powerful. Don't let the mild flavors fool you, this cigar will give you a head rush.

I agree that it is very odd to llok at. The green wrapper with the brown tobocco in the middle is interesting.

All in all it is a admirable smoke. I will certainly keep some Candelas in my humidor.
    OK, that's it. This is my after lunch stick for today :)
    Talk about a bomb, how about a Ashton ESG and VSG in the same pack? Along with a Camacho Diploma and a special Monte Cristo. I haven't tried any of those, its gonna be hard letting them sit a while. I'm normally not a Monte Cristo fan, but I am going to have to give this one a shot to see what the hype is all about, lol. Thanks again Kim, I owe ya man.
    Thanks for the package, Vulchor! Forgot to post earlier. He sent me some sticks I have never tried before. I am especially interested in sampling the Drew Estate stick and the Partagas. Cheers!