Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

Good Traders and Stand up Folks.

Comments

• VulchorVulchor Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,176
    Renaissance_Man:
    Thanks for the package, Vulchor! Forgot to post earlier. He sent me some sticks I have never tried before. I am especially interested in sampling the Drew Estate stick and the Partagas. Cheers!
    Your kind words are greatly appreciated my bloodied smiley faced friend:)
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,961
    Just got my pack in from Four for the movie trivia game, and damn did he deliver. I didn't get three sticks like you are supposed to, I got six, all of them winners too. An A Fernandez Signature Churchill (last one I had was a Robusto and I was unimpressed, have heard the Churchill is much better though so I'm stoked to try it), a 5 Vegas A, a Nub Maduro (love these, they are the only Nub I really like), a Verdadero Organic Toro (haven't tried these in this size, and I am running pretty low on milder sticks), an Oliva Connecticut Reserve, and a RP Edge. Very nice hit Four, thank you much. A+ trader in my book.
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,132
    Just wanted to let everyone know that I just got my prize package from Laker for his 1000th post contest and WOW! What a guy! He really went above and beyond for this! In the package was a CAO America Anthem in the wooden coffin box, a Graycliff blue label, a RP Fusion DC barber pole, a Sol Cubano Artisan, and a nice little Fonseca with a tissue paper wrapping on it that looks tastey! A big thanks to Doug for this package! I was truely impressed with this prize and it was the prefect way to top off my humi which is pretty damn full at the moment!
  • ThewelderThewelder Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 679
    Alien thanks for sending me that prize. Sorry I forgot to put it on here, but you sent some great sticks I have been really wanting to try.
  • laker1963laker1963 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,046
    PuroFreak:
    Just wanted to let everyone know that I just got my prize package from Laker for his 1000th post contest and WOW! What a guy! He really went above and beyond for this! In the package was a CAO America Anthem in the wooden coffin box, a Graycliff blue label, a RP Fusion DC barber pole, a Sol Cubano Artisan, and a nice little Fonseca with a tissue paper wrapping on it that looks tastey! A big thanks to Doug for this package! I was truely impressed with this prize and it was the prefect way to top off my humi which is pretty damn full at the moment!
    You are more then welcome Puro. Glad they arrived (all safe I hope).

So was that an open invitation to the forum in general to come over and help you out with that over stuffed humi?
  • j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    Just got a nice mystery mooch pack from out very own Bulgarian BoTL. Thanks a lot Stan, you sent me one I've really wanted to try in the Famous Perdomo, the other two I've had and enjoy. As for the mystery sticks...well, we'll see about those, I'm going to let them rest a bit before smoking.

Thanks again and be wary of return fire in the future. :)
  • Renaissance_ManRenaissance_Man Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 972
    j0z3r:
    Just got a nice mystery mooch pack from out very own Bulgarian BoTL. Thanks a lot Stan, you sent me one I've really wanted to try in the Famous Perdomo, the other two I've had and enjoy. As for the mystery sticks...well, we'll see about those, I'm going to let them rest a bit before smoking.

Thanks again and be wary of return fire in the future. :)
    You seriously didn't have to thank me :)! I feel bad now lol... But no worries - I got your address too ;)
  • bigj51bigj51 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 52
    I just got a great box from renaissance stan for the pay it forward, it only took like 2 days. Thanks !
    laker1963:
    PuroFreak:
    You are more then welcome Puro. Glad they arrived (all safe I hope).

So was that an open invitation to the forum in general to come over and help you out with that over stuffed humi?
    They did arrive very safely! Perfect condition and look good!
  • bbc020bbc020 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,422
    I have to also give a big ups to Laker for a fantastic prize package. He hit me with a CAO American Anthem, Graycliff Blue Label, and RP Fusion DC as well. Then to top it off he sent a Decade Torp and a Ramon Allones stick...not sure the size.

Thanks Doug!
    bbc020:
    I have to also give a big ups to Laker for a fantastic prize package. He hit me with a CAO American Anthem, Graycliff Blue Label, and RP Fusion DC as well. Then to top it off he sent a Decade Torp and a Ramon Allones stick...not sure the size.

Thanks Doug!
    Glad they got there safe Brandon. Enjoy.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    bigj51:
    I just got a great box from renaissance stan
    I love it, the name stuck. :)
  • jpclotfelterjpclotfelter Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 294
    laker1963:
    jpclotfelter:
    laker1963:
    jpclotfelter:
    laker1963:
    He sent me out ...A Camacho Candela Robusto, never had one of these. They look and smell awesome
    Laker,
    I hadn't smoked the Camacho Candela when I slipped one in your package but I have since smoked one. I highly recomend you smoke this one sitting down. It has a very mild flavor but this thing is POWERFUL.

Man are these things ever weird to look at!!!

Can you decribe the flavor JP? I have this image of it being like smoking green grass, tho I am sure it isn't or they wouldn't be selling any of them.

Can you compare it to any other sticks out there that you have had?

The Camacho Candela has a remarkably mild flavor to it. I certainly wouldn't try to pair this cigar with a glass of Scotch. The flavors are very herbal; kind of like green tea. It is very true to the Camacho brand in that it is very powerful. Don't let the mild flavors fool you, this cigar will give you a head rush.

I agree that it is very odd to llok at. The green wrapper with the brown tobocco in the middle is interesting.

All in all it is a admirable smoke. I will certainly keep some Candelas in my humidor.
    OK, that's it. This is my after lunch stick for today :)
    Laker,

Did you ever smoke that Camacho Candela? Did you like it?
    jpclotfelter:
    laker1963:
    jpclotfelter:
    laker1963:
    jpclotfelter:
    laker1963:
    He sent me out ...A Camacho Candela Robusto, never had one of these. They look and smell awesome
    Laker,
    I hadn't smoked the Camacho Candela when I slipped one in your package but I have since smoked one. I highly recomend you smoke this one sitting down. It has a very mild flavor but this thing is POWERFUL.

Man are these things ever weird to look at!!!

Can you decribe the flavor JP? I have this image of it being like smoking green grass, tho I am sure it isn't or they wouldn't be selling any of them.

Can you compare it to any other sticks out there that you have had?

The Camacho Candela has a remarkably mild flavor to it. I certainly wouldn't try to pair this cigar with a glass of Scotch. The flavors are very herbal; kind of like green tea. It is very true to the Camacho brand in that it is very powerful. Don't let the mild flavors fool you, this cigar will give you a head rush.

I agree that it is very odd to llok at. The green wrapper with the brown tobocco in the middle is interesting.

All in all it is a admirable smoke. I will certainly keep some Candelas in my humidor.
    OK, that's it. This is my after lunch stick for today :)
    Laker,

Did you ever smoke that Camacho Candela? Did you like it?
    What are you Psycic ?

I actually smoked that earlier today and YES I did enjoy it.

Funny looking things, but for a mild to med. stick it was VERY tasty. Thanks again JP
  • VulchorVulchor Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,176
    So I just got a PIF from Bigj51.....yeah, big indeed----big man, big props, big deal!!!! I was sent 8 sticks, not just 3 or 4 and they were all quality and some over 10 bucks a pop retail....Im no mathmatician, but i am thinking over 80 bucks in sticks easy!!! While it may not be about money here, this guy went all out and he is A+ in my book.
  • gmill880gmill880 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,947
    Got my 1000th post contest pack and bomb from Doug (Laker) WOW in a word ...alright man I've got your address !!! Some of the contents were Graycliff (UMMM),Gurkha Barberpole, RP Decade (my fav RP) a nice nice Partagas from a little Island south of here . Then another bomb bag loaded with some tasty looking smokes including a Padilla Corojo,RP Fusion MM,RP FUsion,Intenso,Gurkha Dbl Maduro, and a Gurkha Fuerte, all sticks I have never had ...as a matter of fact I've only had two of these ...The RP Decade and the Graycliff and love them both. You are an outstanding BOTL and a super trader Doug...watch your 6 I'Ve got eyes on you my friend !!!!
    gmill880:
    Got my 1000th post contest pack and bomb from Doug (Laker) WOW in a word ...alright man I've got your address !!! Some of the contents were Graycliff (UMMM),Gurkha Barberpole, RP Decade (my fav RP) a nice nice Partagas from a little Island south of here . Then another bomb bag loaded with some tasty looking smokes including a Padilla Corojo,RP Fusion MM,RP FUsion,Intenso,Gurkha Dbl Maduro, and a Gurkha Fuerte, all sticks I have never had ...as a matter of fact I've only had two of these ...The RP Decade and the Graycliff and love them both. You are an outstanding BOTL and a super trader Doug...watch your 6 I'Ve got eyes on you my friend !!!!
    Hey, glad to hear they made it. I hope you enjoy working your way thru them Gene. Those two Gurkha's happen to be a couple that I really like. Mostly because they don't remind me of a common Gurkha. They are both med. to full and flavorful. Let me know what you think of the Intenso, they are also quickly becoming a favorite of mine.
  • gmill880gmill880 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,947
    laker1963:
    gmill880:
    Hey, glad to hear they made it. I hope you enjoy working your way thru them Gene. Those two Gurkha's happen to be a couple that I really like. Mostly because they don't remind me of a common Gurkha. They are both med. to full and flavorful. Let me know what you think of the Intenso, they are also quickly becoming a favorite of mine.

Thanks Doug - I also forgot to mention the CAO American Anthem in a box ...can't wait to try that one as well . Will let you know when I smoke them !
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    gmill880:
    laker1963:
    gmill880:

Thanks Doug - I also forgot to mention the CAO American Anthem in a box ...can't wait to try that one as well . Will let you know when I smoke them !
    laker is a stand up guy. i would never have a problem buying/trading with him again.
    i got my end of a deal with clearlysuspect today...

on time, in great shape, and packed with tobacco as a packing material. opened the box up and out came this wonderful smell... fantastic.

good thing i didnt ship my end yet.

better reinforce your mailbox.
    kuzi16:
    gmill880:
    laker1963:
    gmill880:

laker is a stand up guy. i would never have a problem buying/trading with him again.
    AWWWW, shucks guy's. I'm blushing and everything here. Thanks.

Kuzi, remember I now have this in writing ;)
    ya already did from back in the day when i got some "rare" (to the US) cigars through you.
    kuzi16:
    ya already did from back in the day when i got some "rare" (to the US) cigars through you.
    Do you still have the same plan for those sticks as you did? Not too much longer to wait, and you are going to make your dad (and yourself) so happy on that day.
    On that same note, that same situation may becoming possible here in another week or so, according to an e-mail waiting for me when I returned from my weekend. I will get the word out when it is a certainty. There will also be another much talked about variety available. PM will be sent when I know more.
    laker1963:
    kuzi16:
    Do you still have the same plan for those sticks as you did? Not too much longer to wait, and you are going to make your dad (and yourself) so happy on that day.
    On that same note, that same situation may becoming possible here in another week or so, according to an e-mail waiting for me when I returned from my weekend. I will get the word out when it is a certainty. There will also be another much talked about variety available. PM will be sent when I know more.
    this is why you fuckin rule.
    Just had to say Joe is also the man! We had a trade so I could try a couple of the El Cobre and he hooked me up with a nice RYJ, a Vegas Cubana from DPG, and Limitada 09 which I have been dieing to try along with a couple of the El Cobre! The smokes all arrived in perfect condition and I can't wait to dive into them! Joe thank you and I will be finding something good for you this week at the DPG event! If I could get my hands on your old buddy JWB I would kick him square in the nuts for ya! haha Thanks again and your package will be on the way ASAP.
  • cholmes8310cholmes8310 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,585
    laker1963:
    kuzi16:
    Laker, did you ever get your package? Hadn't heard, but don't know how long it normally takes.
    cholmes8310:
    laker1963:
    kuzi16:
    Laker, did you ever get your package? Hadn't heard, but don't know how long it normally takes.
    I DID GET IT !! I just sat down to the computer to catch up on things since I went away for the Labor Day weekend.

This is to let everyone who hasn't already been involved with a trade/pass/or prize from Cholmes8310 know, that he is a hell of a stand up guy and VERY generous !!

I went to the psot office this morning and was greeted by a package containing the following sticks for my Fun & Games package...
    1. A 5 Vegas Apotheosis, which I have not tried before.
    2. An ONYX Mini Belicoso, I have enjoyed these very much before, but not in this Vitola.
    3 A Graycliff G2 Turbo !! I can't wait to try this one !!
    4 An A. Fernandez Signature Series Robusto, another I haven't got around to...until now :)
    5 An Ashton VSG Belicoso No. 1. I LOVE these ! (Who doesn't?)
    6 And he finished it up with a CAO GOLD Tenth Anniversary !
    This was a VERY generous F&G package Chase thank you ! Remember that I asked for your addy?... I'm just sayin'...:)
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,961
    Got in my end of a trade with Clearly suspect today. He went above and beyond the agreed upon sticks with some veyr nice extras which I haven't tried yet. I'm probably most excited about the Tarazona, it looks delicious. But a big gold star next to his good-traderiness.

Also got in a bomb from Joe, several 5 Vegas Limitada 09s and a couple other sticks, as always Joe proved he is a very generous BOTL.
  • cholmes8310cholmes8310 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,585
    laker1963:
    cholmes8310:
    laker1963:
    kuzi16:
    I DID GET IT !! I just sat down to the computer to catch up on things since I went away for the Labor Day weekend.

This is to let everyone who hasn't already been involved with a trade/pass/or prize from Cholmes8310 know, that he is a hell of a stand up guy and VERY generous !!

I went to the psot office this morning and was greeted by a package containing the following sticks for my Fun & Games package...
    1. A 5 Vegas Apotheosis, which I have not tried before.
    2. An ONYX Mini Belicoso, I have enjoyed these very much before, but not in this Vitola.
    3 A Graycliff G2 Turbo !! I can't wait to try this one !!
    4 An A. Fernandez Signature Series Robusto, another I haven't got around to...until now :)
    5 An Ashton VSG Belicoso No. 1. I LOVE these ! (Who doesn't?)
    6 And he finished it up with a CAO GOLD Tenth Anniversary !
    This was a VERY generous F&G package Chase thank you ! Remember that I asked for your addy?... I'm just sayin'...:)
    Awesome. Glad I sent you some you enjoy as well as a few new ones. I was getting worried for a minute. I thought maybe it got lost in the great white yonder! haha. Hope you enjoy them. I just smoked my first A Fernandez Signature this weekend as well. It was a very good cigar.
  • clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,750
    kuzi16:
    i got my end of a deal with clearlysuspect today...

on time, in great shape, and packed with tobacco as a packing material. opened the box up and out came this wonderful smell... fantastic.

good thing i didnt ship my end yet.

better reinforce your mailbox.
    I'm glad you liked that Joe! After you exclaimed about the aroma when you opened the box I had to go back and smell the box they came in to remind myself. Funny thing is I had all the tobacco sitting in a seperate box in my living room for about 2 days and was thinking, "what in the world am I gonna do with all this stuff?"