Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

Good Traders and Stand up Folks.

Comments

• sightunseensightunseen Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,130
    j0z3r:
    I got two expected packs today. One from jacketsrule containing 5 Patel Bros. toros as was agreed upon plus a Flor del Ybor City, which is a cigar I've been curious about. Second pack was for the make a wish game from lilwing88 containing not only the three Quesada Tributos, but also a Padilla Miami, Tatuaje Havana VI and a box of matches Smile [:)]. Finally, I got a very unexpected package from sightunseen, he bombed me with a Panacea sampler, which is a cigar brand I've been wanting to try. Many thanks to all three of these guys for the great cigars. Don't get too attached to your mailbox Tony, no good deed goes unpunished.
    Glad they got there safe. I'm curious about know how they are. I may get some for myself if they are good. It all depends on you, Joe!
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,317
    I have to say dude hit me with an amazing sneak attack. Left no evidence... he went so far as to have the beard sent it to me to erase his deadly trail.

Great BOMB from a great BOTL.

• AQUADGIO1200AQUADGIO1200 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 406
    I got recieved my package from Millenium115 for participating in the movie trivia. Thanks alot Stav....he hooked up with an Flor De Oliva (which i always wanted to try), Cusano, Punch and some San Thomas's. Thanks for the Sticks my fellow BOTL. Millenium115= Good guy!
  • coachjamiecoachjamie Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 337
    Brotheramam hit with with 7 awesome sticks for the pay it forward thread!! As usual and as always brotheradam is a great BOTL!!
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,909
    stephen_hannibal:
    I have to say dude hit me with an amazing sneak attack. Left no evidence... he went so far as to have the beard sent it to me to erase his deadly trail.

Great BOMB from a great BOTL.

That's a sweet lookin' package Steve-o
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,317
    bigharpoon:
    ... That's a sweet lookin' package Steve-o....
    Indifferent [:|] uhhh wow.
    That's what she said!
    HAHAHA yeah man, now I have cigars on me at all times.

• ENFIDLENFIDL Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,836
    stephen_hannibal:
    bigharpoon:
    ... That's a sweet lookin' package Steve-o....
    Indifferent [:|] uhhh wow.
    That's what she said!
    HAHAHA yeah man, now I have cigars on me at all times.

LMAO! Glad you like it man and that you are always packing.......cigars that is....lol
  • wwhwangwwhwang Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,863
    Just checked my mail today and boom! There's a package with Todd's name on it. He gave me two Pinar P2000s to try out along with a La Riqueza by Tatuaje, Padilla 68, and a Gurkha Royal Brigade! Thanks so much for this, man.
  • aron325aron325 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 158
    just got my package from cholmes today. sadly to say my mother was the unfortunate person to recieve it. she is no longer with us due to my house getting ripped to shreds by the hidden bomb in there lol. not only did he send what we agreed upon but also 5 MOW for the hell of it. great BOTL there. thank you again for the trade and will definitely trade with you again whenever you want.
  • surfingzeekosurfingzeeko Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 628
    Received my package from Beastcigar for the vacation bet, and he came through with a HUGE stick I thought was a double happiness at first. Turned out to be a MAXX by AB.

And I received my mystery stick package from Western, and he threw in a Gurkha Centurian and a Cain Nub to boot! solid BORK
  • HaybletHayblet Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,400
    I am here to rep this awesome BORK we set up a trade for 4 Gurkha Evil's and this awesome dude threw in an Avo #2 as a hitchhiker! Geoff is a good BORK in my book.
  • thedjfish@comcast.netthedjfish@comcast.net Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,533
    laker1963:
    ljl:
    laker1963:
    thedjfish@comcast.net:
    TatuajeVI:
    thedjfish@comcast.net:
    laker1963:
    sightunseen:
    laker1963:
    If for some reason they didn't show up I would replace them, so you have nothing to worry about,
    This is why Doug and (many others) are on the Good Traders List.
    This is also why I am a little pissed at this being brought up in the good traders forum. I just received his end of this transaction today, but...whatever...
    hmmm your pissed? why because i asked about shipping times? and everyone else turned into how trust worthy you are,and how stand up you are,sorry but im not lemming
    No, because it isn't necessary to bring it up publicly unless there is a serious problem. Doug has been here a long, long time and is trustworthy. They'll get there, and if there is a problem, he'll take care of you.
    sorry tat
    but you did exactly what i said everyone did,i asked about shipping times, you guys brought up the trustworthy, that was never the question in my original statement, you guys changed it over that,
    I wrote him ANOTHER PM this morning. This guy just doesn't seem to get it. But that's OK. I am confident enough in my time here that this will blow over.

Doug, I'll do business with you any day. I'm sure tons of others agree.
    Thanks Larry, and also to the other guys (bandy and Tat) who stepped forward to say something. I hopefully, have this worked out. I have sent another PM to Joe, when he was online, but have not heard from him yet. Man do I HATE drama !

well after 1 month and 2 day from his original statements of "ill get them out in the next day or so"on june 28,"ill have them out in the next day or two on june 29,and "ill get them out first thing in the morning" on july 4,and then again on july 15 "I was late in sending them because I got confused who I had left to send out to. I figured it out and got yours off to you. Should be there soon I would think"
    well gentlemen here is what the shipping postage says july19 it was taken in at the postal office,thats the day he recieved my trade.now you see guys if you want to see the messages im more then willing to show them i asked him on several occasions when did he ship? does he have a tracking no# ?etc,now remember i have messgaes stating he will ship on 3 diffetrent occasions not one of them was true to his word,not one time on the open forum has he ever admitted to screwing up the orders
    and when you dodge my questions and not take full responsablity for your own mistakes,thats does not make you trust worthy especially when at the end you get so arrogant that you refuse to admit you where wrong,
    did he deliver finally? yeah after 34 days from his original trustworthy word, is he trustworthy? not by my standards not even close,he only sent out after he received my trade and when i started on the open forum he had no choice but to send them
    the problem here guys? you inflated his ego so much he does not feel he needs to admit his mistakes,well he is wrong and you guys where wrong also to do that,,
    and communication is key here,if you dont come straight and true to your word,and admit you had issues how are people going to know whats going on? how do you expect them to respond when they dont get there goods?
    his mistakes? he said on 3 different times that he was going to ship,he sent packages out to the wrong people,and he never just came and said he had issues,
    only after this got on the forum was he coming clean with everything bit by bit,but not once did he come on here and admit it,so he would rather have everyone think i bashing him for no reason and he could play the victim,sorry guys i had and have plenty of reasons to bash him,
    but you know what he claims he was ready to ship out another set,i said not to,my reason behind it,was not the smokes anymore but the point he refuses to admit he F'ed up,is that my fault? nope i dont control his end of operations,
    he hates drama as quoted above,well he has alot of drama he wants to spread the word about me that im a scammer accordinghim. not sure how,since i sent out my end he recieved it,how did i scam him?
    the real issue here is i refused to trust him and i dont, and i refused to be a lemming and follow all you guys and go on the trustworthy band wagon,thats what really burning him here,otherwise he would not say that i dont trust anyone, and i dont,i said it to him and ill say here trust is earned by each and every one us,i have to earn it from who ever im dealing with and they have to earn from me,if you guys just hand it out then thats your thing but i dont do that,to be honest there are a few guys on here that i do trust,and 1 that i met in person and i trust him more then all,we chat every now and then and we meet up also,
    im done with him finally and like her said it left a bitter taste in his mouth that i would not smoke these cigars with anyone elses mouth,these will be traded or given away,i already bought and recieved my own box of 25 of them for $165 shipped,so that says it all
  • laker1963laker1963 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,046
    thedjfish@comcast.net:
    laker1963:
    ljl:
    laker1963:
    thedjfish@comcast.net:
    TatuajeVI:
    thedjfish@comcast.net:
    laker1963:
    sightunseen:
    laker1963:
    If for some reason they didn't show up I would replace them, so you have nothing to worry about,
    This is also why I am a little pissed at this being brought up in the good traders forum. I just received his end of this transaction today, but...whatever...
    hmmm your pissed? why because i asked about shipping times? and everyone else turned into how trust worthy you are,and how stand up you are,sorry but im not lemming
    No, because it isn't necessary to bring it up publicly unless there is a serious problem. Doug has been here a long, long time and is trustworthy. They'll get there, and if there is a problem, he'll take care of you.
    sorry tat
    but you did exactly what i said everyone did,i asked about shipping times, you guys brought up the trustworthy, that was never the question in my original statement, you guys changed it over that,
    I wrote him ANOTHER PM this morning. This guy just doesn't seem to get it. But that's OK. I am confident enough in my time here that this will blow over.

Thanks Larry, and also to the other guys (bandy and Tat) who stepped forward to say something. I hopefully, have this worked out. I have sent another PM to Joe, when he was online, but have not heard from him yet. Man do I HATE drama !

well after 1 month and 2 day from his original statements of "ill get them out in the next day or so"on june 28,"ill have them out in the next day or two on june 29,and "ill get them out first thing in the morning" on july 4,and then again on july 15 "I was late in sending them because I got confused who I had left to send out to. I figured it out and got yours off to you. Should be there soon I would think"
    well gentlemen here is what the shipping postage says july19 it was taken in at the postal office,thats the day he recieved my trade.now you see guys if you want to see the messages im more then willing to show them i asked him on several occasions when did he ship? does he have a tracking no# ?etc,now remember i have messgaes stating he will ship on 3 diffetrent occasions not one of them was true to his word,not one time on the open forum has he ever admitted to screwing up the orders
    and when you dodge my questions and not take full responsablity for your own mistakes,thats does not make you trust worthy especially when at the end you get so arrogant that you refuse to admit you where wrong,
    did he deliver finally? yeah after 34 days from his original trustworthy word, is he trustworthy? not by my standards not even close,he only sent out after he received my trade and when i started on the open forum he had no choice but to send them
    the problem here guys? you inflated his ego so much he does not feel he needs to admit his mistakes,well he is wrong and you guys where wrong also to do that,,
    and communication is key here,if you dont come straight and true to your word,and admit you had issues how are people going to know whats going on? how do you expect them to respond when they dont get there goods?
    his mistakes? he said on 3 different times that he was going to ship,he sent packages out to the wrong people,and he never just came and said he had issues,
    only after this got on the forum was he coming clean with everything bit by bit,but not once did he come on here and admit it,so he would rather have everyone think i bashing him for no reason and he could play the victim,sorry guys i had and have plenty of reasons to bash him,
    but you know what he claims he was ready to ship out another set,i said not to,my reason behind it,was not the smokes anymore but the point he refuses to admit he F'ed up,is that my fault? nope i dont control his end of operations,
    he hates drama as quoted above,well he has alot of drama he wants to spread the word about me that im a scammer accordinghim. not sure how,since i sent out my end he recieved it,how did i scam him?
    the real issue here is i refused to trust him and i dont, and i refused to be a lemming and follow all you guys and go on the trustworthy band wagon,thats what really burning him here,otherwise he would not say that i dont trust anyone, and i dont,i said it to him and ill say here trust is earned by each and every one us,i have to earn it from who ever im dealing with and they have to earn from me,if you guys just hand it out then thats your thing but i dont do that,to be honest there are a few guys on here that i do trust,and 1 that i met in person and i trust him more then all,we chat every now and then and we meet up also,
    im done with him finally and like her said it left a bitter taste in his mouth that i would not smoke these cigars with anyone elses mouth,these will be traded or given away,i already bought and recieved my own box of 25 of them for $165 shipped,so that says it all
    Um, as you can see here by his ramblings, he dosen't make a lot of sense. Saying I didn't own up to making a mistake after saying I told him there were some issues. This is the type of messages I have been getting from him for a couple of weeks now.

Point is, he did get his sticks as I said all along. I was dealing with 8 different BOTL with these sticks and his were late getting to him. Nobody else had any problems and that is why there were some people who cam e to my defense. (if you want to call it that). To him this just meant that all you guys were "my boys" and that somehow I guess that made you all implicated in this situation. There is no winning or reasoning with this guy. I do NOT like to talk down about people, particularly someone I haven't met... but word to the wise here. A trade with this guy can bring a whole lot of grief with it. Now I am sure he would say the same thing, but I know I have had my last dealings with him of any kind.

If anyone is interested in reading the messages and answers from this whole thing PM me and I will send you out the messages, it makes for some pretty sad reading.

Oh and you're right... those $165 sticks you bought the box of does say it all... FOOL !
    Glad both parties finally got their end of it. I hate to see this kind of stuff happening, especially since I've transacted with both of you guys and have had nothing but good experiences with each of you.
  • Joeyjoe21_8Joeyjoe21_8 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,048
    so im a little confused...but is this shipping squabble between laker and djfish? i never had a problem shipping or receiving to either end
  • j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    Yo Doug, there is just no pleasing some people. Any of us that have been around and traded with you know that you're a standup kinda guy. I'd trade with you any day and rest assured that if something wasn't right, you'd make it right, just like I would if the situation was reversed. I guess this just goes to show that sometimes we need to exercise a bit of discretion in choosing our trading partners.

Back to the topic at hand, I received a gps guided torpedo (three in fact) of Cuban manufacture from my buddy Steve aka Diamondog. My next victim sent a Partagas Serie P, an H. Upmann #2 and a Bolivar Belicoso Fino...that last is one I've been wanting to try for some time now. Thank you Steve, and I would recommend you get some sandbags and dig a bunker. Wink [;)]
    I've dealt with dj and he's a stand up guy, and I've heard nothing but good things about laker and wouldnt hesitate to do a trade with him. Sh*t happens, we all know that. Let's just move on from here because this has been going on too long.
  • millennium115millennium115 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 839
    Joe (djfish) is def a guy i can trust, chill guy, works hard, loves cigars....ive traded with him before, and met up with him..will continue to build friendship....both sides voiced their words.....lets all focus on good cigars, good people and good times.... joe, ur killing me with the movie trivia,,,you pick very difficult movies...i like, but i cant get them....lolol
    Phil and I are doing a box split of some LFD Chisels. My half of the Chisels arrived today, along with a Camacho Triple Maduro as an extra because he read that I've never had one before. What a fucking gangster. Thanks, Phil
    VERY NICE !. What wrapper? Ligero? Dbl. Ligero?
  • Joeyjoe21_8Joeyjoe21_8 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,048
    docedwards came through on a great trade...he was supposed to be sending me a "unmentionable cohiba" that sounds like ruba...but also sent me 4 extras including indian tabak corojo, rocky conneticut, rocky 90, and a Tat...all I have been dying to try except the 90 but its a favorite of mine so it works out amazing...I held off sending my package until tuesday...and man he may need a new mailbox foo!
  • thedjfish@comcast.netthedjfish@comcast.net Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,533
    laker1963:
    thedjfish@comcast.net:
    laker1963:
    ljl:
    laker1963:
    thedjfish@comcast.net:
    TatuajeVI:
    thedjfish@comcast.net:
    laker1963:
    sightunseen:
    laker1963:
    sorry tat

Um, as you can see here by his ramblings, he dosen't make a lot of sense. Saying I didn't own up to making a mistake after saying I told him there were some issues. This is the type of messages I have been getting from him for a couple of weeks now.

Point is, he did get his sticks as I said all along. I was dealing with 8 different BOTL with these sticks and his were late getting to him. Nobody else had any problems and that is why there were some people who cam e to my defense. (if you want to call it that). To him this just meant that all you guys were "my boys" and that somehow I guess that made you all implicated in this situation. There is no winning or reasoning with this guy. I do NOT like to talk down about people, particularly someone I haven't met... but word to the wise here. A trade with this guy can bring a whole lot of grief with it. Now I am sure he would say the same thing, but I know I have had my last dealings with him of any kind.

If anyone is interested in reading the messages and answers from this whole thing PM me and I will send you out the messages, it makes for some pretty sad reading.

Oh and you're right... those $165 sticks you bought the box of does say it all... FOOL !
    stiill rding that "your the only one able to get cubans horse" i see, your right i was a fool by trading with you for over priced ciagrs,what you actually think that a box of cubans runs $400+ please if you ever been there you would know that they dont,
    point is that you lied several times about shipping out,thats the point,
    and your word to the wise? a month for 3 cigars! i hate to see if was more, trading with you make sure you get comfirmtaion of shipping dates he will say over and over he shipped but did he? most likely not,well when your busy with running your bisuness and dealing with the 8 people that keep changing there minds, shippiong out to the wrong people,WOW i guess any excuse will be suffice,oh and i never said your boys, i said your fan club get it right, i have no reason b/s or hide from anyone here,if you where straight and correct from the get go we would of not of had any issues but your a LIAR, you can trust that he is that
    laker1963:
    I believe it was the Double Ligero. Damn tasty stick. Glad I got more in.
    sightunseen:
    laker1963:
    I believe it was the Double Ligero. Damn tasty stick. Glad I got more in.
    YUP !!! The Dbl. Ligero are a DAMN TASTY stick. The chisel tip give what must be the most PERFECT draw. If you haven't tried those Camacho Triple Maduro's yet... you're in for a real treat there too. Enjoy bro'.
  • TatuajeVITatuajeVI Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,378
    Yep, Double Ligero Chisel Maduro - we split a box of those, and a 25-stick bundle of the El Cobre. Never had the El Cobre, heard great things. :)
    sightunseen:
    Phil and I are doing a box split of some LFD Chisels. My half of the Chisels arrived today, along with a Camacho Triple Maduro as an extra because he read that I've never had one before. What a fucking gangster. Thanks, Phil
    gangster, rofl. I'm keeping my pimp hand strong! looking forward to the other part of the split, tony!
  • cholmes8310cholmes8310 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,585
    TatuajeVI:
    Yep, Double Ligero Chisel Maduro - we split a box of those, and a 25-stick bundle of the El Cobre. Never had the El Cobre, heard great things. :)
    sightunseen:
    gangster, rofl. I'm keeping my pimp hand strong! looking forward to the other part of the split, tony!
    man, wish I knew about that split!!!
    This friggin guy.... man. Just found my dogs left leg in the street when I came home the smoldering wreckage of my house. He bombed me with a bunch of sticks I've never tried, and one of my favorite sticks the Gurkha Micro Batch S-2. What a generous brother.
    and then I open this guys package for the PIF! guy threw in 6 sticks, including the new 5 Vegas Gold Maduro! man what an awesome day. Thanks guys!
  • brotheradambrotheradam Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 896
    surfingzeeko:
    This friggin guy.... man. Just found my dogs left leg in the street when I came home the smoldering wreckage of my house. He bombed me with a bunch of sticks I've never tried, and one of my favorite sticks the Gurkha Micro Batch S-2. What a generous brother.
    Dang, I just sent that yesterday, that got their quick. Thought you would enjoy few new ones.
    brotheradam:
    surfingzeeko:
    Dang, I just sent that yesterday, that got their quick. Thought you would enjoy few new ones.
    This is turning into a war between us lol