Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

The Kid's P2K Premium Pass

Comments

• MTuccelliMTuccelli Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,587
    robbyras:
    it landed today... looks good... i am having a hard time getting down to 3 that I want to take!

here are my puts though... kinda hard to read in the photo though... Fuente Rosado, My Father Le Bijou, CAO Sopranos Edition and MUWAT... I added in the extra to compensate for my lack of super high end stuff... hope that's ok

2011-11-25_20-04-46_151
    Looks good to me Rob
  • robbyrasrobbyras Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,487
    ok... I came up with my takes... i'm feeling a little greedy though... if anyone feels i need to put in more, let me know... I don't want to take more than I put...

Takes: Tat Red Tubo, GOF Don Carlos and Padron 64 natural

2011-11-25_21-00-50_447
  • Shaun.Harrison87Shaun.Harrison87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,971
    robbyras:
    ok... I came up with my takes... i'm feeling a little greedy though... if anyone feels i need to put in more, let me know... I don't want to take more than I put...

2011-11-25_21-00-50_447
    Here are my thoughts, I will encourage others to weigh in. Here are my stick valuations, Padron 64-$13-16, Tat-$10-12, and the God of Fire-$18-22 stick...you put in 3 $9-12 sticks and a $6-8 stick for those 3. I think we should keep it as 3 sticks for 3 sticks(stick for stick-as the rules entail), if you don't have a stick that can take out the GoF then it needs to stay. If you want to go 3 for 3 and add in a 4th stick to the pass or in a separate bag for the Kid for putting his sticks up on the table I would encourage that. There is no rule you have to do 3 sticks and this is a "Premium Pass" by name and by nature. I would say to take out the AF Rosado, keep your other 3 in, and grab another stick that retails for $8-10 and you would be good to go. Let me know if my thoughts are off line BotL.
  • The KidThe Kid Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,842
    Shaun.Harrison87:
    robbyras:

2011-11-25_21-00-50_447
    Here are my thoughts, I will encourage others to weigh in. Here are my stick valuations, Padron 64-$13-16, Tat-$10-12, and the God of Fire-$18-22 stick...you put in 3 $9-12 sticks and a $6-8 stick for those 3. I think we should keep it as 3 sticks for 3 sticks(stick for stick-as the rules entail), if you don't have a stick that can take out the GoF then it needs to stay. If you want to go 3 for 3 and add in a 4th stick to the pass or in a separate bag for the Kid for putting his sticks up on the table I would encourage that. There is no rule you have to do 3 sticks and this is a "Premium Pass" by name and by nature. I would say to take out the AF Rosado, keep your other 3 in, and grab another stick that retails for $8-10 and you would be good to go. Let me know if my thoughts are off line BotL.
    I have to agree with Shaun on this, Furthermore here are my thoughts and this is for everyone, I'ts not a response to one specific individual. Lets try to keep the value of the sticks taken and replaced the same and not compensate by throwing in extra sticks. I think there is also something to be said for sticks that are hard to come by. Id be happier if we didnt worry about any extra or bonus sticks for me and focus on the sticks that all the members will be able to enjoy, This pass is for all of us to enjoy. I would like to know that the brothers at the end of the pass will have just as awesome sticks to choose from "if not better". Thank You all for participating
  • jj20030jj20030 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,448
    The Kid:
    Shaun.Harrison87:
    robbyras:

2011-11-25_21-00-50_447
    I have to agree with Shaun on this, Furthermore here are my thoughts and this is for everyone, I'ts not a response to one specific individual. Lets try to keep the value of the sticks taken and replaced the same and not compensate by throwing in extra sticks. I think there is also something to be said for sticks that are hard to come by. Id be happier if we didnt worry about any extra or bonus sticks for me and focus on the sticks that all the members will be able to enjoy, This pass is for all of us to enjoy. I would like to know that the brothers at the end of the pass will have just as awesome sticks to choose from "if not better". Thank You all for participating
    sounds good
    Thanks for the feedback Rudy... I did a little digging and decided to swap in an Armada... given the pricepoint on these, I assume we're good... if not let me know... as far as tossing in any extras for anyone involved in the pass, that is my right a as a pass participant and I will not be giving that up any time soon ;^)

MUWAT and the Tat are similarly priced (10-12), the CAO and the Padron are similarly priced (15-17) and the Armada and the GOF are the same price ($20)... all to the good?

puts pic

2011-11-26_09-55-55_466
    robbyras:
    Thanks for the feedback Rudy... I did a little digging and decided to swap in an Armada... given the pricepoint on these, I assume we're good... if not let me know... as far as tossing in any extras for anyone involved in the pass, that is my right a as a pass participant and I will not be giving that up any time soon ;^)

MUWAT and the Tat are similarly priced (10-12), the CAO and the Padron are similarly priced (15-17) and the Armada and the GOF are the same price ($20)... all to the good?

puts pic

2011-11-26_09-55-55_466
    I'm not trying to be a cop and police this thread to make sure everything is legit and accurate for the Kid, but here is my concluding thought. I agree with the MUWaT($9) and the Tat($11) being close to equal. The Soprano is a $12 stick here on Ccom and the Padron is a $16...I would say a CAO Soprano would be worth it, but it would need to be the Tony Soprano Ltd.Ed, not a regular production. The Armada is retailed at $20, and maybe that price can be justified because they harvested the last crop, but that would be a few years down the road, I don't think that is worth a God of Fire...at least I would never give up a God of Fire of mine for an Armada, never. It's not my pass, but the person who is suffering here is the Kid; he gave up the sticks to start the pass and is losing out IMO. As a general rule of thumb: if it feels like you are taking too much, then you probably are.
    90+ Irishman:
    BigT06:
    Very nice!!! Can't wait till this thing hits my door!
    +100 AGREED! Simply outstanding pass Rudy, and thank you so much for putting this together and letting me be a part of it! Mike, slick takes and slick puts!
    Nice takes and puts Mike!! Make sure to throw these on the front page Kid :)
    the soprano is either 13.50 or 15.50... i think it's the boss, but not really sure...

here is my confusion with your posts... first you say use price point... then you say you know the price points are the same but they aren't worth the same... if you want me to print out a retail receipt i can do that... and we can get it down to the penny... not sure how far we want to split the hair... but once we get the values the same, then we have to figure out if they are "worth" the same? you're killin me here bro...
    Shaun.Harrison87:
    90+ Irishman:
    BigT06:
    +100 AGREED! Simply outstanding pass Rudy, and thank you so much for putting this together and letting me be a part of it! Mike, slick takes and slick puts!
    what is this referring to? what are the takes and puts
    robbyras:
    the soprano is either 13.50 or 15.50... i think it's the boss, but not really sure...

here is my confusion with your posts... first you say use price point... then you say you know the price points are the same but they aren't worth the same... if you want me to print out a retail receipt i can do that... and we can get it down to the penny... not sure how far we want to split the hair... but once we get the values the same, then we have to figure out if they are "worth" the same? you're killin me here bro...
    The Kid said to use price point, but to also factor in the current market status as well. I was demonstrating this by saying I wouldn't ever trade a Padron for a Soprano, and I would never give up a God of Fire for an Armada. I don't think they are worth nearly the same even though the MSRP is equal. I can see the Soprano being close to the Padron but I will not agree with the Armada and GoF. This is just my opinion so take it with a grain of salt, but you are barely even on the MUWaT swap, barely even on the Soprano swap, and not equal on the Armada one, and I don't think anyone on the forum would object to that argument. It's up to the Kid to give the final verdict, I am just weighing in my 2c.

And the fact that you say "i'm feeling a little greedy though" makes me feel like you know the swap isn't equal. I would just leave the 3rd swap out of it and just do the first 2...Unless you have a highly desired Opus X(xXx or similar), Lost City, different GoF, better than average ISO, Padron 26, Padron 45th, or similar I wouldn't trade with the GoF.

There is nothing wrong with giving too much, there is something wrong with giving too little
    robbyras:
    Shaun.Harrison87:
    90+ Irishman:
    BigT06:
    what is this referring to? what are the takes and puts
    I was reviewing the thread and reminding the Kid to post it to the front page so people can easily see what comes and goes: "My Takes Camacho PE and AVO XO" and "My Put Backs Ashton ESG and CAO L’Anniversaire Cameroon" Those were his takes/puts
    ok... i typed out 3 paragraphs and deleted them all... I have a good (and long) reputation here and I don't want to blow it because you continue to share your opinon... i'll change everything in my puts, but from here on out I want Rudy's opinion
    robbyras:
    ok... i typed out 3 paragraphs and deleted them all... I have a good (and long) reputation here and I don't want to blow it because you continue to share your opinon... i'll change everything in my puts, but from here on out I want Rudy's opinion
    just to clarify, this was in response to your original post before you went back and edited it to include and extra paragraph or two
    robbyras:
    robbyras:
    just to clarify, this was in response to your original post before you went back and edited it to include and extra paragraph or two
    I did that instead of having 3 separate posts, my bad if that caused confusion. I am more than fine with letting Rudy decide, it is his pass and his sticks, but we already had confusion once when Dennis did his takes and puts and everything was straightened out with a few posts from the members...was just trying to prevent it from happening again.
    Thanks Shaun, you're right... i'll fix it all up and get it out on Monday now... I've missed my window to get to the PO today...
    robbyras:
    Thanks Shaun, you're right... i'll fix it all up and get it out on Monday now... I've missed my window to get to the PO today...
    Sounds good, PM to you sir!
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,909
    This pass is looking good!
    Ok, Im back from my vacation, and my apologies for not being more involved. Thanks Shaun and everyone else for their input..

Funny,... a member who has been here for a very long time cautioned me before this pass. The concern was I needed more rules & guidelines for everyone to follow so there wasnt any misunderstandings.(basically what we have now) I elected to keep the rules to a minimum for several reasons, One reason was I didnt want to create a pass that was too restrictive, I didnt want to suit a pass tailored to my own taste's. I didnt want to have to police this pass, and with all the outstanding members involved, I felt I wouldnt have to. So I decided to leave alot of this up to the individual. I see my decisions were more about what I cared about and not taking the other members concerns into consideration. I apologize as I've acted in a selfish way. I guess theres something to be said for just having your old average 3-5 dollar stick pass.
    Speaking for myself I appreciate being able to cherry pick a few premiums that I havent tried and pass on a few that I have. I really had the best of intentions when I put these sticks together even containing some rarer limited releases. Now personally If I was given a choice to smoke a GOF vs an Armada, Id choose the GOF. I'd rather see a Padron 85th be put in, but I would of also rather saw a boris for the wolfman and a LP undercrown for the AVO...LOL .But those are my tastes. Do I expect and demand that everyone make the same choices I would ..Hell No!!!.. But there are other brothers in this pass who we need to look out for. So I appreciate Shaun voicing his opinion. And its not only Shaun. SO LETS GO GUYS PAY IT FORWARD. Evreryone has put in some fantastic sticks so far,, Thank You!!!!
    we're all good on my end... I'm probably going to alter my takes and puts... I'll post them up when i get them figured out... The MUWAT is staying as put because I have access to them and I know folks want to try them, but beyond that I don't really know... but I'll leave plenty of time for discussion.... and just for the record, because I kinda want to defend myself a little, I put 10 sticks and (for various reasons) and will only be taking three... and the number going in is not negotiable, so don't bother trying ;)
    robbyras:
    we're all good on my end... I'm probably going to alter my takes and puts... I'll post them up when i get them figured out... The MUWAT is staying as put because I have access to them and I know folks want to try them, but beyond that I don't really know... but I'll leave plenty of time for discussion.... and just for the record, because I kinda want to defend myself a little, I put 10 sticks and (for various reasons) and will only be taking three... and the number going in is not negotiable, so don't bother trying ;)
    That's a true BotL act right there!!
    Shaun.Harrison87:
    robbyras:
    Thanks! you have a PM Shaun
    Shaun.Harrison87:
    robbyras:
    Robby, I appreciate your response, But I will appeal to you and all the other brothers here that this is a ONE for ONE pass. You take three and you add three. I dont want you to think you have to do any more than the next guy.
    The Kid:
    Shaun.Harrison87:
    robbyras:
    Robby, I appreciate your response, But I will appeal to you and all the other brothers here that this is a ONE for ONE pass. You take three and you add three. I dont want you to think you have to do any more than the next guy.
    I'll cover it in a PM...
  • greg2648greg2648 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,422
    Rudy, It will be ok. I will go ahead and take out all of extras when the pass gets to me. lol.
    greg2648:
    Rudy, It will be ok. I will go ahead and take out all of extras when the pass gets to me. lol.
    lol> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSWmEFVvghg
    HA! I promise this is all going to work out in the end... i am running my puts by Rudy and Shaun and I will post them here when they are ready for public consumption...
    greg2648:
    That would be fine with me
    The Kid:
    greg2648:
    That would be fine with me
    seems to me i get it before greg, lol
    ok... we worked it all out...

Takes: Tat Red Tubo and GOF Don Carlos Robusto
    2011-11-26_18-58-25_43

Puts: MUWAT and OpusX Perfecxion No. 5 with almost 10 months on it
    2011-11-26_18-58-38_498

and to quote Clark W. Griswold, Jr. "Hallelujah, Holy Sh!t! Where's the Tylenol?"