Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

The contents of my humidor pass

Comments

• docbp87docbp87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,521
    laker1963:
    Man I sure as he ll hope that Canada Customs never shows up at my house to see some of my hobbies !! I have more bloody hobby supplies sent to me then the hobby shop downtown lol!. Someone recently sent me "candles" and I laughed my ass off. I don't know why, OK ? It was funny at the time lol.
    I have gotten "Test Tubes" from a CC vendor on more than one occasion, which I thought was funny. Okay, so I'm not getting Cuban Cigars. They're sending me supplies for my meth lab. No worries!"
  • 415415 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 951
    docbp87:
    laker1963:
    Man I sure as he ll hope that Canada Customs never shows up at my house to see some of my hobbies !! I have more bloody hobby supplies sent to me then the hobby shop downtown lol!. Someone recently sent me "candles" and I laughed my ass off. I don't know why, OK ? It was funny at the time lol.
    I have gotten "Test Tubes" from a CC vendor on more than one occasion, which I thought was funny. Okay, so I'm not getting Cuban Cigars. They're sending me supplies for my meth lab. No worries!"
    lol.

not sure how they made it through customs but mine said cigars
  • deejmemixxdeejmemixx Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,064
    really cool idea man, will be fun to watch it play out
  • laker1963laker1963 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,046
    415:
    docbp87:
    laker1963:
    lol.

LMAO. It would be par for the course that a guy would get that knock on the door late one night. Cops bursting in looking for a Meth Lab and all they come away with is a couple boxes of ISOM's.

LOL. WOW. Good thing that the Customs people don't read everthing on those postal labels huh? I think it all goes by the value declared for the item. If it is under like $40 they just flip it into the unchecked bin of packages.
  • gmill880gmill880 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,947
    laker1963:
    415:
    docbp87:
    laker1963:
    lol.

LMAO. It would be par for the course that a guy would get that knock on the door late one night. Cops bursting in looking for a Meth Lab and all they come away with is a couple boxes of ISOM's.

LOL. WOW. Good thing that the Customs people don't read everthing on those postal labels huh? I think it all goes by the value declared for the item. If it is under like $40 they just flip it into the unchecked bin of packages.

Doug , do you mean to tell me customs agents don't thoughtfully and carefully handle those packages ??? They just flip it in a bin ??? LMAO !!! That just struck me as funny -don't know why .
  • denniskingdennisking Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,681
    I sent Ddog an Anejo like 2 years ago in trade for a GoF and said "cigars" right on the label. I didn't know any better.
  • The SniperThe Sniper Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,910
    laker1963:
    I think it all goes by the value declared for the item. If it is under like $40 they just flip it into the unchecked bin of packages.
    Ive noted that every single time Ive received cigars from one of our BOTL in Canada, it comes in a hard cigar box or tin INSIDE the cardboard box. Now I understand why....

• Shaun.Harrison87Shaun.Harrison87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,971
    dennisking:
    I sent Ddog an Anejo like 2 years ago in trade for a GoF and said "cigars" right on the label. I didn't know any better.
    Sending NCs isn't the issue, just CCs in and out of the US
    laker1963:
    415:
    docbp87:
    laker1963:
    lol.

declared at over 300$........ makes you wonder if they even read the label
    Hopefully my pack gets to Doug this week so this pass starts moving quickly.
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,836
    Wow I saw this thread went up right as I was leaving for the other day and come back today to find a lot has happened. I just wanna say to Dennis I think this is a helluva gesture, regardless of what sticks are in it which are all fantastic btw, and I for one am proud to be a part of it.
    Shaun.Harrison87:
    dennisking:
    No, I think he means he declared a cigar as a cigar when it was coming into Canada. By definaition that would make that cigar elligible for taxes in whichever province it arrived in.
    laker1963:
    Shaun.Harrison87:
    dennisking:
    No, I think he means he declared a cigar as a cigar when it was coming into Canada. By definaition that would make that cigar elligible for taxes in whichever province it arrived in.
    Ahh, gotcha. There are two sides to the coin...the illegal portion and the duty taxes.
    laker1963:
    Shaun.Harrison87:
    dennisking:
    correct, which means the recipient would owe taxes upon getting their package.
  • scarlinscarlin Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,592
    dennisking:
    laker1963:
    Shaun.Harrison87:
    dennisking:
    correct, which means the recipient would owe taxes upon getting their package.
    Canadians have the largest collections of RC planes I have ever seen in my life..
  • MarkerMarker Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,524
    I would like to say I am sorry that I caused issues here. I should have taken this to PMs earlier with dennis. I did and it has been dealt with. I have talked to a couple others through PMs as well to discuss this. If anyone has a question please PM me and I will reply.
    no worries Marker. onward and upward. thanks for squashing the beef.
    Now where is this pretty beast at, it went to Canada first right?
    Yeah, I sent it to BC first and then it goes to Ontario. From there it goes to the East Coast
    dennisking:
    Yeah, I sent it to BC first and then it goes to Ontario. From there it goes to the East Coast
    So I get first kick at the can this time! WooHoo! Hope you guy's were all hoping for Colts, or Old Ports. That's all I have left in my humi. They have a couple of weeks of age on 'em, if that helps ;)
    I was hoping some Canadian market Swishers....

funny story. I was 18 the last time I was in BC. I stopped at duty free on the way over the border in Blaine,WA and bought a tin of Swishers and smoked them in the car with a buddy of mine. of all the sticks I could've bought.... Of course that was 17 years ago.
  • joshvoigtjoshvoigt Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 325
    j0z3r:
    joshvoigt:
    The person that gets the Museo I'd love to have it! Good idea no way could I send off all my smokes!
    I'm going to be at the b&m 415 mentioned in a couple weeks. I can grab you one if you'd like. Let me know.
    I haven't been on much lately, but I'd love to try for a Museo or 2 if you are interested still? Please pm me maybe we can work something out.
    dennisking:
    I was hoping some Canadian market Swishers....

funny story. I was 18 the last time I was in BC. I stopped at duty free on the way over the border in Blaine,WA and bought a tin of Swishers and smoked them in the car with a buddy of mine. of all the sticks I could've bought.... Of course that was 17 years ago.
    LOL, see... with age comes wisdom. Did you make it over to the island when you were here Dennis?
  • j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    joshvoigt:
    j0z3r:
    joshvoigt:
    The person that gets the Museo I'd love to have it! Good idea no way could I send off all my smokes!
    I'm going to be at the b&m 415 mentioned in a couple weeks. I can grab you one if you'd like. Let me know.
    I haven't been on much lately, but I'd love to try for a Museo or 2 if you are interested still? Please pm me maybe we can work something out.
    Cool. I know they don't come cheap, but I'll see if I can find out what they are charging and let you know before I head down there.
    laker1963:
    LOL, see... with age comes wisdom. Did you make it over to the island when you were here Dennis?
    unfortunately no, but I did get to Chatterbox Falls which is phenomenal.
    dennisking:
    laker1963:
    unfortunately no, but I did get to Chatterbox Falls which is phenomenal.
    There are a ton of jaw dropping vista's here. My favorite is a place about 30 minutes drive on logging roads from my house. It is called Strawline Canyon and the road up hugs the cliffside all the way. When you get to the top you look out over the whole valley and down a very straight walled canyon about 1200 feet to the bottom. It is phenominal, looking out over the tops of 200+ foot trees.
    Truly one of the most beautiful areas in the world. I loved my time I spent there so much. Any time you have snow capped mountains that go right down to the water, you are in a great place.
    Doug has the box. We shall know more soon.
    dennisking:
    Doug has the box. We shall know more soon.
    Question Dennis.
    I know we are to mark puts and takes on the list included with the pass, but do you want me to publish these takes and puts with pictures to the forum NOW? Should the pictures and reports of takes and puts only be reported on the list until this is all over? Your call Dennis, just didn't want to spoil your pass idea.