Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

The contents of my humidor pass

Comments

• MarkerMarker Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,524
    My vote is a sack punch.
  • Shaun.Harrison87Shaun.Harrison87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,971
    dennisking:
    Any news on this?
    Come on guys, don't let this happen here...Dennis deserves a status update!
  • denniskingdennisking Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,681
    Shaun.Harrison87:
    dennisking:
    Any news on this?
    Come on guys, don't let this happen here...Dennis deserves a status update!
    marker made me lol. Shaun, its not that I deserve it, I just want all involved to know so they can plan ahead their picks. Adds to the excitement.
  • The SniperThe Sniper Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,910
    Meh... Hannibal's a notorious no-pic-posted guy, and it may not even have reached ENFIDEL yet. Im not worried. :-)

I'm certainly not worried. I just want everyone to have fun
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,836
    Got it today! Thanks for the awesome pass Dennis! I'll get it out to Doc on Mon and post my takes and puts as I decide on them. A ton of great sticks so trying to pick a few isn't easy lol
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,317
    The Sniper:
    Meh... Hannibal's a notorious no-pic-posted guy, and it may not even have reached ENFIDEL yet. Im not worried. :-)

He's totally right, I forgot to even get a pic.

stephen_hannibal:
    The Sniper:

Don't worry about it I've been known to take a pic or two in my day so I got it lol
    stephen_hannibal:
    The Sniper:

no worries, you just gotta promise to quit the cheap scotch and step it up.
    What say you, E?
    Got it in the mail yesterday to doc, DC03110820000156510490, and pics will get put up later today. Been busy as a bee and haven't had a chance to upload them yet
    ENFIDL:
    Got it in the mail yesterday to doc, DC03110820000156510490, and pics will get put up later today. Been busy as a bee and haven't had a chance to upload them yet
    looking forward to it!
  • robbyrasrobbyras Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,487
    Glad to see this thing is moving! there is a ways to go before I get my chubby little digits on it, but I'm pumped
  • docbp87docbp87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,521
    Got it tonight. Will make picks and put it back out tomorrow afternoon.
    Great! Looking forward to seeing your selections. We have some similar tastes.
  • stadstad Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 386
    greg2648:
    laker1963:
    Oh MAN !!!. This is what I was afraid was going to happen eventually with these "by invatation only" passes. I have commented on this in the past. There is a real danger of the forum being broken into little groups instead of one big happy family situation that we have now.

Dennis I appreciate you inviting me into this pass and we have had dealings in the past so I know what an upstanding BOTL you are.

Marker, he and I have had some dealings in the more recent past and he too is a Top Notch BOTL. I think that if you are invited to a pass you feel special because you were selected from a rather large group of BOTL to participate. If you were not invited for whatever reason, suddenly you feel like you must have done something to offend the person who started the pass. Or maybe that person is judging your past passes with others and decides that you don't make the grade. While that may be the case, there are so many reasons for being overlooked, these are only a couple of possibilities, but, bottom line is... it stings when you are overlooked.

Dennis and Jamie are both standup BOTL and it pains me to see this sort of thing get started, as it can grow and hard feelings can be permanent.

While I have already accepted and will absolutley go forward in this pass, this will be the last pass I go into that is not just open to whoever is a member in good standing at the forums. I have never liked little cliques, or cartels. Being part of them is no less uncomfortable for me, just a room with a different view if you get my meaning.

Everyone should just take a breath and relax a little here. There is always a tendancy to be drawn to people who seem to have similar thoughts and beliefs. The forums were a fantastic place for people of various backgrounds, wealth, work experience, and even political beliefs to spend time together and share experiences with the one thing we all have in common... a love of a good cigar. When these little invitation only passes started I was afraid that some would feel left out ( I know I did when it happened to me) and that it would lead to hard feelings eventually. I hope I am wrong and I hope this isn't the first such instance of this happening.

So no more invitation only passes for me. I appreciate all who have invited me, and definatley mean no disrespect for BOTL who may have been considering inviting me into their pass. It is my personal belief that these will be destructive to the coherance of this group. This has all been JUST MY OPINION, I have intended to offend nobody with these comments. Just the way I see it.

Doug
    Doug...You are wise beyond your years. NUFF SAID. Pass forward. Negative behind...........
    This is the reason I joined this forum. You guys really have a cool thing going on here. Some of the other forums just turned me off after reading post after post of folks criticizing and being negative nellys. The BoTL is just that, a Brotherhood. Cain said he wasn't his brothers keeper and look were that got him. It was the civility of your posts that I joined, and responses like this that I will stay.
    stad:
    This is the reason I joined this forum. You guys really have a cool thing going on here. Some of the other forums just turned me off after reading post after post of folks criticizing and being negative nellys. The BoTL is just that, a Brotherhood. Cain said he wasn't his brothers keeper and look were that got him. It was the civility of your posts that I joined, and responses like this that I will stay.
    LOL Glad to have you as a member stad, and you really hit the nail on the head with your post. Its a rare cigar enthusiast indeed who would simply open his humidor to another and say "take anything you like". But to ship their ENTIRE HUMIDOR to SEVERAL other enthusiasts on blind faith simply out of brotherhood and love of the hobby???

You're not gonna find that anywhere else in the world. :-)

• laker1963laker1963 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,046
    The Sniper:
    stad:
    LOL Glad to have you as a member stad, and you really hit the nail on the head with your post. Its a rare cigar enthusiast indeed who would simply open his humidor to another and say "take anything you like". But to ship their ENTIRE HUMIDOR to SEVERAL other enthusiasts on blind faith simply out of brotherhood and love of the hobby???

You're not gonna find that anywhere else in the world. :-)

TRUE that... Dennis is NUTZ!
    You guys are makin me blush.... dang. Welcome aboard by the way. We certainly have a tight brotherhood.
    LOL For all the intellect we seem to exhibit as a group, counting seems to be such a problem for us.... :-) Great pics and awesome puts doc. Me next?

• RCY CigarsRCY Cigars Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,346
    My thoughts also, nice put backs Doc....
  • robbyrasrobbyras Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,487
    As always, Doc sets the standard... wow
    Nicely played Burton! Ya know, for a pharmD, you should be able to count better than you do. Smile [:)]
    Nicely done Doc. I'm thinking that box will need to be getting bigger before it reaches home, LOL. I'm thinking of giving math classes. Anyone interested?
    laker1963:
    Nicely done Doc. I'm thinking that box will need to be getting bigger before it reaches home, LOL. I'm thinking of giving math classes. Anyone interested?
    SH1T NO! Then all my excuses would be taken away! :-)

The Sniper:
    laker1963:
    SH1T NO! Then all my excuses would be taken away! :-)

I'll have you know that I count as well as anyone here Glen! In my case I have to deal with foreign exchange and that always messes things up a bit. YOU just can't count... without your socks off :-~
    My Takes:
    My Puts:

The Pass as it left me:
    Those are great pics E, the cigar mold is a really great backdrop. That's a great looking pass.
    Sh1t, sorry for the delay. This went out this morning. Put everything in a new box though, as the box was in pretty rough shape when it got to me (one corner was pretty close to destroyed).